929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by vegashopper@Dec 18 2003, 10:33 PM
8" in the rear????
Is it bad?

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by igorgulla+Dec 19 2003, 08:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (igorgulla @ Dec 19 2003, 08:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--vegashopper@Dec 18 2003, 10:33 PM
8" in the rear????
Is it bad?[/b][/quote]
no, but it won't lock up very high... If you go with 8's in the rear, coil over isn't practical, there won't be enough coil for a decent ride... go with at least 10's in the rear and run coil over.

·
Registered
47,194 Posts
on my 64 i have 8" in the rear, and coil under...im not much for the cars that lift up high in the rear, i like to lift up and be level.

·
Registered
47,194 Posts
also if u go with 8" u probably wont have to notch the frame for the driveshaft...i didnt and i can ride locked up with no rub. its all personal preference i guess

D

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by igorgulla@Dec 18 2003, 10:06 AM
What is better for an 1961 impala????
4 pumps setup
frame reinforcement
12 battteries (2 bays 72 v each)
accums
8" cylinders

Thanks .
Coil under looks nicer to see chrome spring and gives a little better ride. Coil over is rigged, but locks up high as fuck. The cylinders rub on the frame though :angry: I ran coil over for conv top clearance :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Originally posted by DIPPINIT+Dec 19 2003, 06:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DIPPINIT @ Dec 19 2003, 06:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--igorgulla@Dec 18 2003, 10:06 AM
4 pumps setup
frame reinforcement
12 battteries (2 bays  72 v each)
accums
8" cylinders

Thanks .
Coil under looks nicer to see chrome spring and gives a little better ride. Coil over is rigged, but locks up high as fuck. The cylinders rub on the frame though :angry: I ran coil over for conv top clearance :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
I think coil unders look hella ghetto, fuck i got one in my cutty right now and im changing it sooon. It even looks worse when you pop a coil, i havent done it yet but i couldnt imagine how hurtin it would be if you were tryin to 3 wheel for some bitches and your car pops one out..... just my opinion

·
49,409 Posts
Coil Over for me.......Any pics of some installed?

D

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by HiLow+Dec 19 2003, 07:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HiLow @ Dec 19 2003, 07:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 19 2003, 06:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--igorgulla
@Dec 18 2003, 10:06 AM
4 pumps setup
frame reinforcement
12 battteries (2 bays  72 v each)
accums
8" cylinders

Thanks .

Coil under looks nicer to see chrome spring and gives a little better ride. Coil over is rigged, but locks up high as fuck. The cylinders rub on the frame though :angry: I ran coil over for conv top clearance :biggrin:
I think coil unders look hella ghetto, fuck i got one in my cutty right now and im changing it sooon. It even looks worse when you pop a coil, i havent done it yet but i couldnt imagine how hurtin it would be if you were tryin to 3 wheel for some bitches and your car pops one out..... just my opinion[/b][/quote]
Coil under looks ghetto on your car because you probably have a fuct up undercarriage. If it was ugly, show cars wouldn't do coil under. There is no price difference so it is not a money issue.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
i personaly find coil unders to be cleaner, thats the og style, but i would never run it on a hopper or a car that lifts more than 10" or stands 3.
i will mount coilunder on my daily.

·
49,409 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64@Dec 30 2003, 05:42 PM
i personaly find coil unders to be cleaner, thats the og style, but i would never run it on a hopper or a car that lifts more than 10" or stands 3.
i will mount coilunder on my daily.
It won't be a daily and it won't be a hopper.......I want high extension w/out moddin' anything - 10's on the rear

now what would you do?
:cool:

·
Registered
473 Posts
10's and coil overs with power balls. This way you have less of a chance of bending your pistons. Power balls gives you 360 movement while the spring gives you about half and with pressure which is something you wouldn't want :)

Though it's my opinion and not my ride but if it was this is how I would do it. ;)

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
10s a coil-over set-up :biggrin:

·
49,409 Posts
Originally posted by BigNasty85Regal@Dec 31 2003, 12:34 AM
10s a coil-over set-up :biggrin:
Hey .....Where's Bob been?........He'll probably take some pics for me......

PM me homie!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts