LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran a set of 4.5 More Bounce coils and wound up ripping 1 of my lower control arms at the ball joint mount. (yes they were reinforced)

I got a new set done.. and it seems like the coils are too wide for the pocket. (even on the first set) It seems to sit in the wall instead of inside of deeper actually inside the pocket.

I didn't want a repeat the problem and had a set of Nacho's OSC 3.5 ton springs sitting around and threw them in.. they sit better in the pocket and sit IN the pocket instead of just getting stuck on the inside wall. I am going to run these for now but wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem on their Impala.

NACHO.. if you read this.. what is the diameter of your 4.5 ton springs? I would rather run a higher tonnage coil.. otherwise I am going to order another set of 3.5 from you.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I will get you that info asap. I have he new shipment @ the powder coaters... But they should be the same size as the 3.5... with a few thousands of an inch more.

6.x00 inches...
if you need the exact size I will get the exact size for you within a few days... I have to pick up the batch from the P.C. 1st.

Nacho
One Stop Customs
[email protected]

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
i have pro hopper's 4-1/2 ton in my caddy, they rub the frame when i dump it. im gonna go back to mach 3's or 3-1/2 soon. nacho, can i get a price for them?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Originally posted by juggalo4life@Aug 9 2005, 01:51 PM~3571452
i have pro hopper's 4-1/2 ton in my caddy, they rub the frame when i dump it. im gonna go back to mach 3's or 3-1/2 soon.  nacho, can i get a price for them?

I don't sell pro hopper coils sorry...

if you are refering to a price on OSC coils, p.m. me a zip code.

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
:uh: i know you dont sell pro hopper coils :twak: im thinkin 3-1/2 ton IF theres a difference in thickness. i know pro hoppers mach 3's cleared just fine. not sure on 3-1/2 ( using the pro hoppers to compare to )

zip is 50054 ( iowa)

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
This is how I did the lowers on my 64, (before the dipping process) :biggrin: ...

Strapped in 1/4". This way you'll never break it where the balljoint mounts, strap the top on the outside and re-drill the holes.
Springtowers dressed on the inside as you can see, you need to grind down the 4.1/2 tons a bit where they go down in the spring seat, however that does not fuck up the rebounce like some dudes on here might say, I know cuz I've done it on a couple of my cars...

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by badass 64@Aug 10 2005, 10:07 AM~3579553

Springtowers dressed on the inside as you can see, you need to grind down the 4.1/2 tons a bit where they go down in the spring seat, however that does not fuck up the rebounce like some dudes on here might say, I know cuz I've done it on a couple of my cars...
Thats what i needed to know.. if other people has trouble fitting 4.5 tons in an Impala.. or if it was me.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by impalabuilder.com@Aug 10 2005, 04:22 PM~3579600
Thats what i needed to know.. if other people has trouble fitting 4.5 tons in an Impala.. or if it was me.
They never fit the spring seat, you'll have to grind 'em down a bit, just a bit. ;)
Or cut the lowers and make a bigger seat, however I choosed not to.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64@Aug 10 2005, 02:07 PM~3579553
you need to grind down the 4.1/2 tons a bit where they go down in the spring seat, however that does not fuck up the rebounce like some dudes on here might say, I know cuz I've done it on a couple of my cars...

like this?

Attachments

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
well badass i hate to ruin you chrome but look what i did. reinforced the same way and ooppppsssssss

Attachments

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by showandgo@Aug 14 2005, 03:47 PM~3614803
well badass i hate to ruin you chrome but look what i did. reinforced the same way and ooppppsssssss
WHOOA!!! Shit, Jimmy's getting crazy on the switch! LOL!
But's that's what it's all about homie, hopping the car no matter what, if something breaks -Fuck It, get your ass back in the garage and get your weld on! :cool: ;)

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
just make sure you do on top around the ball joint i obviously wasnt smart enought to so i am just warning everyone

1 - 14 of 14 Posts