LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying too figure out a way too seat these 3 ton coils too the front there the pro hopper mach 3's,is there a certain way too seat them at the bottom on the lower control arm? anyone got pics? i got them cut down too like 4 1/2 or 5 turns the flat part of the coil is faceing up towards the upper on the deep cup

·
Premium Member
34,400 Posts
Originally posted by HydroCutlass86@Sep 14 2005, 02:14 PM~3813487
im trying too figure out a way too seat these 3 ton coils too the front there the pro hopper mach 3's,is there a certain way too seat them at the bottom on the lower control arm? anyone got pics? i got them cut down too like 4 1/2 or 5 turns the flat part of the coil is faceing up towards the upper on the deep cup

with the cut end of the spring on bottom and the cut turned towards the wheel it still dosn't seat properly...?

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i drawn out a pic real quick too better explain and understand,lol ok im just trying too figure this out while i have my arms drops down,thought i ask if there's a certain way too seat them with the cut end were would it face on this pic,1,2,3 or 4?

Thanx for the help and fast responces ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
;) right on thanx,back too putting them in just wanted too be sure before i actually did put them in

:cool:

·
Premium Member
34,400 Posts
Originally posted by cdznutz42069@Sep 14 2005, 02:40 PM~3813690
You can see where it has a little dip in either position 1 or 3, set it there.

I'd say more around 3.... and the spring should sit nice.... ;)

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
between 3 and 4 there should be a groove for the spring to rest in ( closer to the 3

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i picked 3,cause 1 made it sit in angle looking like it was gonna pop,it's sitting nice now :biggrin: ,i must of been drunk when i cut my last coils there was only 3 turns on that mofo,lol nomore belly scrapeing,now it's time too mount my other knock off then im done ;)

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
took me maybe an hour in a half,sitting evenly now :biggrin: ,i got it raised all the way up too compress the coil maybe it will break it in a little bit

·
Registered
178 Posts
too bad you had them cut down...... phucks em up, 1 coil is litterally useless, or now almost double the rate it was....

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
on my G-body there are TWO holes in the lower and the end of the coil is supposed to sit past the first hole and level with the second hole, bit late now though. :)

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by 8FoCutty@Sep 16 2005, 03:02 AM~3826809
too bad you had them cut down...... phucks em up, 1 coil is litterally useless, or now almost double the rate it was....
how i screw them up?what u mean by double the rate? more stiffer?

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Originally posted by HydroCutlass86@Sep 16 2005, 11:46 AM~3827995
how i screw them up?what u mean by double the rate? more stiffer?
same problem, not the coil position....

I am so tired of fighting this kind of shit.... :(

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
my roadmaster is sitting sideways ,but the the coils are cut exactly even and they ar seated well,yet my car sits a 1" lower on the driver side,any suggestions?>

·
Registered
563 Posts
Originally posted by GRINGO_CONNECT@Jun 28 2007, 07:01 AM~8193129
my roadmaster is sitting sideways ,but the the coils are cut exactly even and they ar seated well,yet my car sits a 1" lower on the driver side,any suggestions?>
caved in belly or one spring pocket is pushed in more than the other :cool:

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,530 Posts
Originally posted by ROCKSOLID84@Jun 28 2007, 06:47 AM~8193258
caved in belly or one spring pocket is pushed in  more than the other :cool:
I SAY SPRING POCKET............AND CHECK DONUTS..........

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
yeah i was thinking both things, crossmember or spring pockets,but its been like this from the day i cut the car but when i got it the front was sitting low and had those twist in spring spacers so i assumed the springs was shitty,i do need to reinforce things but its been slow going

mufasa what reinforcements you got i have none and was hopping like 35-40" only like 2 or 3 or 4 times :ugh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts