LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question, ok its fall now and winter is on the way here in the prairies and its supposed to be a very cold winter say in the -30's -40's, and i got 14 inch wire rims on my ride and i am going to park it in a NON heated garage for the whole winter and not drive it. Should i take the rims off the car because of the weight of the car siting on them or should i just leave them on, will the spokes bend or crack?

·
Registered
416 Posts
they'll be fine. As long as they're out of the snow and ice you won't have any probs. You might want to check on em every now and then to see if the tires are going flat.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
don't make the mistake i made last year and not coat the rims in anything, they will get condensation on them from the changing temperatures and the air in the tires and will cause the dish to rust a bit... save yourself the hassle of cleaning that shit off and simply soak them in WD40 before you store the car away... and then its as simple as hosing it off in the spring

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Originally posted by lowrider_cutlass@Sep 22 2006, 12:58 PM~6224363
don't make the mistake i made last year and not coat the rims in anything, they will get condensation on them from the changing temperatures and the air in the tires and will cause the dish to rust a bit... save yourself the hassle of cleaning that shit off and simply soak them in WD40 before you store the car away... and then its as simple as hosing it off in the spring
X2. You can even spray them once a month while its cold to be on the safe side. I was told that WD40 stands for, will displace water for 40 days. So if thats correct a new coat once a month should keep you rust free. You may want to remove all your wheels before parking the car for the winter and scrub the back side and between all the spokes to make sure there is no brake dust on them before you use the WD40. I fucking hate winter. I need a heated garage myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts