LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering for those of u who had done several cars not just one have u had issues with using one bank to power set up..like a 8 battery total set up wired to front and back pump and 24..i seem to always have issues when i do a common bank i like to separate my 24 from my front power..any one have input on this.. :cool:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
no u shouldn't have any issues. wut kind of issues are u having?

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
i have 8 batteries wired in series. both back pumps are on 36 v and my front is on 96v. havent had a single issue with my 24v. u might wanna check to make sure ur 24v wire isnt cut anywhere

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,534 Posts
Originally posted by 01lowlow@Oct 21 2007, 11:43 AM~9050986
no u shouldn't have any issues.
x2.......its the way most set-ups are wired up.........

·
Still on one....
6,513 Posts
I'm running 10 batts., my first 2 are seperate ( 24v) just to my switch and front dump. Running the other 8 on 3 noids never fried it yet... ;)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Oct 21 2007, 12:43 PM~9050987
i have 8 batteries wired in series. both back pumps are on 36 v and my front is on 96v.  havent had a single issue with my 24v.  u might wanna check to make sure ur 24v wire isnt cut anywhere

i had the car working ..than i decided to switch up wiring 10 batterieswired to 96 volts ..now solenoids in front want to blow thats why i was asking...how long should 3 solenoids last at 96 volts at 3300 amps..lol :biggrin:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
i run my noids to the front pump as a breaker. so i have 8 batteries in seriers. my 2 back pumps are wired to 36v then on the forth batteries posi post i have a cable goin to one side of the noids then a cable comin off the other side of the noid goin to the negitive post on the 5th battery. and its 3 noids inbetween the 4th and 5th battery. cant really tell u how long the noids would last ive only hopped the car once with the breaker position of the noids and my pumphead has blown seals in it. so really havent abused it. also the cars that we have the breaker setup on the pump responds and hits harder.

u can also run a double stacked of 3 noids at ur front pump battery. 2 cables comin off the posi post on teh battery to 2 seperate set of 3 noids then the other side to cables goin to ur front pump motor. keeps the motor cooler longer and last a bit longer.

i also know that if u run seperate banks of batterier with 1 common ground u should run a cable to both banks at the 24v position. such as our double pump car has 14 batteries. 7 to 1 piston pump and 7 to the other we run a cable to both positive post of each banks 24v postion to keep the batteries even out and also helps not letting the 24v wire from burning

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Oct 21 2007, 11:53 PM~9054816
i run my noids to the front pump as a breaker. so i have 8 batteries in seriers. my 2 back pumps are wired to 36v then on the forth batteries posi post i have a cable goin to one side of the noids then a cable comin off the other side of the noid goin to the negitive post on the 5th battery.  and its 3 noids inbetween the 4th and 5th battery.  cant really tell u how long the noids would last ive only hopped the car once with the breaker position of the noids and my pumphead has blown seals in it. so really havent abused it.  also the cars that we have the breaker setup on the pump responds and hits harder. 

u can also run a double stacked of 3 noids at ur front pump battery.  2 cables comin off the posi post on teh battery to 2 seperate set of 3 noids then the other side to cables goin to ur front pump motor.  keeps the motor cooler longer and last a bit longer.

i also know that if u run seperate banks of batterier with 1 common ground u should run a cable to both banks at the 24v position.  such as our double pump car has 14 batteries. 7 to 1 piston pump and 7 to the other we run a cable to both positive post of each banks 24v postion to keep the batteries even out and also helps not letting the 24v wire from burning

i did that breaker shit and noids went..ill go back the way it was...

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
ya i might try double stacking the noids at the 4th and 5th battery if the 3 fail that i have on there now. like i said i havent abused the car in hopping since my pumphead took a shit on me. so i havent had a solenoid failure yet. lol

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Oct 22 2007, 07:40 PM~9060665
ya i might try double stacking the noids at the 4th and 5th battery if the 3 fail that i have on there now.  like i said i havent abused the car in hopping since my pumphead took a shit on me.  so i havent had a solenoid failure yet. lol

everytime i try something new just the way it supposed to i have problems..i got the car back were it was ..but i was tryin to up my reserve so i can have alittle more life at a hop...but it just didnt seem to work went threw my last accurates..oh well fuck it ..its lowriding.. :biggrin:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
ya pretty much what i say, its life with hydros lol. u may want to try the double stacked set of 3 noids inbetween the battery and pump motor, that worked well for me. my motor was stayed cooler as well as my prestolite plus motor looked brand new still even after been being used for a year

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
i think that is probably more coincidence, double stacking solenoids doesnt reduce the amount of amps going through, both stacks deal with the same amount, it doesnt halve anything. We used to do it over here on low voltage systems for reliability before we knew better, but it makes no difference, except you'll fry 6 noids instead of 3 when their time is up :)

If you run 2 cables through two banks of sols and then two cables to the motor you'll have a dual circuit which may help a tiny bit, it wont give you more of anything but may provide a better current flow :dunno:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
thanks for the new info on double stacked noids unity jon. any particular way u like to run ur hoppers ?

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Oct 29 2007, 05:35 PM~9109347
thanks for the new info on double stacked noids unity jon.   any particular way u like to run ur hoppers ?

hopper or not it makes no difference, i havent got a 'hopper' probably never will as they are money pits i cant afford, got a car that chips comfortably though :)

i did electronics and physics at college (a long time ago !) though so understand a little about current and flow and resistance ;)

there is a tendancy (from some people in lowriding) that "more is better" + "its always been done like that",

but IMO engineered is even better than both of those :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts