LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a few questions....
On a nissan hardbody pickup.. if you where gonn dance it and hop.. i know you would extend the uppers and reinforce it.. but what about the lower.. it has no spring cup it has a shock mount.. so would you build new lower controll arms or would you reinforce and un a coin over.?? i want to get awy from coil over in the front. want to stick some fat stiff springs in there.. and also .. i would have to really extend the upper arms to clear the massive hopping coils.. and build a new ear for the cylinder to sit in .. i dont know how strong this would be.. i appriciate all information..

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I don't believe you can change the lower on a street dancer, and the guy you really should talk to, even though he retired, is the guy you probably already pissed off, Mark aka vegashopper, he knows about building dancers and he knows the rules..

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Well, he still knows alot more about dancing than I do, but one of these days I'm gonna build one. Let's see him, Jimmy (showandgo), marzocchipowered, hydrotoy, and maybe hydrota, are the guys I would talk to about it..

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
i did a nissan, i cut off all of the factory shock mount, and a-arm mount and started over. i used the stock upper to begin with, cut out the center of it and extended them 1 1/2'' for spring clearance. then i reinforced the top of the stock lower arm and welded a deep cup on upside down to keep the full size coil in place. i made the new upper mount and spring perch out of 6 inch channel. it worked pretty good, but the a arms still hit the coil a little when the truck was raised up.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
sorry, double post!

Last edited by CP at Oct 23 2003, 03:38 PM

·
O.G. Poster
1,090 Posts
ya the coils hit the upper a arms on the isuzu I looked at when the frt. was up all the way?

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Oct 23 2003, 04:04 PM
so u used the existing shock mounts??

and ran a coil under?
no, i said i cut off all the factory mounts. yes coil under.

i took the bar out of the upper a-arm, and made tab mounts on the frame for the bushings to slide into.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
thats pretty close to how i did it.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
What do you do about the torsion bars??

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
Originally posted by 64@Oct 24 2003, 01:04 PM
What do you do about the torsion bars??
throw them in the trash

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
i had never done one before and just went for an inch and 1/2. I also drove the truck alot and didnt want the wheels laying out. The arm barely rubs the spring when lifted only. WHen it lowers the arm has a inch or two of room and can swing up without hitting the tower that has been made.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts