LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a viair 550c today and i asked the guy if I should use around a 8 gauge wire he said that it would be a good idea and that they use 10 gauge. I brought it home and was looking at it and the lead power wire is probably a 20 gauge. What do i use!!!!
Theres no point using bigger gauge cause it will be restricted anyways by the smaller wire.
What do you guys use for your power wire for your compressor thanks alot. ;)

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I dont know why so many people are sold on ViAir products...
this is a perfect example of why I'm not sold on their stuff...

·
Registered
931 Posts
i would suggest using the same size wire that came on the viar. thats what i did and i havnt had any problems for about a year now.....

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont know why so many people are sold on ViAir products...this is a perfect example of why I'm not sold on their stuff...
Thanks for the help ;)
You could of put what you did on your Blowjax :dunno:

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
i run a 4 guage wire from battery to the trunk with a 4-way amp splitter basically i use an amp kit from the car stereo shop and plug the comp wire into the splitter and the pressur switch on it that was back with my old tommys but my comppresser has bolts that i connect the 4 guage cable to

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by Duece8@Jul 25 2003, 05:51 PM
I dont know why so many people are sold on ViAir products...this is a perfect example of why I'm not sold on their stuff...
Thanks for the help ;)
You could of put what you did on your Blowjax :dunno:
the Blowjax came with 8 GA leads, and thats the size I ran to it...

do you know what the amp draw of the 550 is??

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the Blowjax came with 8 GA leads, and thats the size I ran to it...

do you know what the amp draw of the 550 is??
It uses 30 amps at its peak. This is pissing me off I got it waiting to be put in but i dont want to hook it up wrong and overheat it because of unsufficient power :angry:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also what kind of fuse did you guys use for your hook-up damn I meight as well by a freakin stinger package.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
yep, thats actually a good way to do it...
after all, it does have the amp draw of a medium sized amp...

just use a distribution block, like for an amp, and wire it directly to that... try to let the ground lead from the comp go directly to a good solid metal part of the car...

30 amp peak, 10 GA wire should be more than enough... make sure to use a properly sized fuse, If it were me, I'd run a 40A fuse...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts