LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my g/f's bro just put some air cylinders on his Sebring? He has (2) 3-gallon tanks in the back. His current compressor is having trouble keeping these filled. What compressor would you suggest with this setup?

Sorry I dont more spec as far as what he currently has right now.

Thanks,
Cizko

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
3/4 hp 100% duty compressor from blowjax or viair both good companies

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by theoglean@Oct 19 2003, 07:31 PM
How long would one take to fill the 2 tanks with a compressor like that one?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
naw those are wack i use my specialty oasis can beat that compressor 1.3min filling from 0psi-200psi the shit need them let me know im a distributor its pricy but well worth it :cool:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
and as long as you have 3 batteries and a 160 amp alternator to keep up with them, the oasis is a great compressor..

but for a real world set-up, run a pair of DC7000 Blowjax compressors!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Oct 19 2003, 08:48 PM
and as long as you have 3 batteries and a 160 amp alternator to keep up with them, the oasis is a great compressor..

but for a real world set-up, run a pair of DC7000 Blowjax compressors!
Whats the cost on those compressors?

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Originally posted by theoglean@Oct 19 2003, 06:31 PM
i would go with blowjax........cuz i had a viair 450 and i blew that in a few months now im getting a blojax 100% dutty 3/4 horse compressor..................wish me luck!!!!

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
ya, my blowjax was pretty loud..
I had it on my 12 gal tank at 175..

took like 10-12 minutes to go from 80-175 :(

2 of them on 6 gallons would fill fast as fuck..

I hate viairs..

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by SID-SLC@Oct 20 2003, 01:40 PM
with 2-3gallon tank you should only need 1 Viair 450. Don't get the easy street, get the actual Viair. I ran a 10 gallon system on one @ 160 psi. I just upgraded to 2 450's, no problems. with a total of six gallons you will have no problems with 1 450. You don't need to spend big money on a blowjack 3/4. Plus they are to loud and annoying when they are running
The easy street is a viair!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Oct 20 2003, 06:04 PM
ya, my blowjax was pretty loud..
I had it on my 12 gal tank at 175..

took like 10-12 minutes to go from 80-175 :(

2 of them on 6 gallons would fill fast as fuck..

I hate viairs..
Yeah I dont think he is too fond of Viairs either, how much for those blowjacks?

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
239.00 at truckn-store.com

thep piop up on ebay for less from time to time..

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
NAW I ONLY HAVE A 300AMP ALT PUMPIMG MY SECOND BATTERY AT ALL TIMES AT 14.5 VOLTS AND THE BATTERY IS A GEL CELL 800CCA
IT'S PRICY BUT WELL WORTH IT TOTAL RETAIL IS ABOUT 2,000 DEPENDING APPLICATION IM HITTING SWITCHES UP AND DOWN LIKE CRAZY PEOPLE THINK I GOT HYDROS THATS HOW QUICK IT IS..... :cool:

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by SID-SLC+Oct 21 2003, 02:30 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SID-SLC @ Oct 21 2003, 02:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2003, 06:15 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--SID-SLC
@Oct 20 2003, 01:40 PM
with 2-3gallon tank you should only need 1 Viair 450. Don't get the easy street, get the actual Viair.  I ran  a 10 gallon system on one @ 160 psi.  I just upgraded to 2 450's, no problems.  with a total of six gallons you will have no problems with 1 450.  You don't need to spend big money on a blowjack 3/4.  Plus they are to loud and annoying when they are running

does anyone have any knowlegde on this site. Yes Viair is easy street..but easy street buy's the compressors from viair and takes off the stock cover sleeve(aluminium)......they put on a chome sleeve. Do you know what chrome will do on a motor like that? I didn't think so........if you chrome a altenator it will not allow the heat to extract as fast and as much. So think what it will do on a compressor running for period of time @ 150psi... possible thermol pertection or burn out the brushes inside the motor.......that it why I said Viair.....not Easy street.[/b][/quote]
you dumb fuck coming on here as a newbie and saying we don't know anything. I have a 450 from easy street and sorry dumbass, i don't think a cheaply chromed sleeve is going to do much harm, you might as well go saying that everyone that has chrome motors on juice should get rid of them because they don't last as long. Sayin I don't know the effects of heat transfer. Do you know what I do for a livin', I think not. I know more about metal working and the effects of heat on different metals than you will ever know. Go spend your time on another site if you are going run you mouth only having 5 posts.

Last edited by skandalouz at Oct 21 2003, 04:56 AM

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Hey, what would you guy's say if I told you that you could run a constant 350 to 500psi with one single compressor and no Nitrogen or anything as such.

Using any of these compressors:
[*]Thomas/Firestone 1/5HP
[*]Viair 350C 100% Duty
[*]Viair 450C 100% Duty

Let me add... No nitrogen or any engine driven compressors.

Did I get anyones attention?

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
pressures dont impress me unless it has quick recovery...

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by skandalouz+Oct 21 2003, 12:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (skandalouz @ Oct 21 2003, 12:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2003, 06:15 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--SID-SLC
@Oct 20 2003, 01:40 PM
with 2-3gallon tank you should only need 1 Viair 450. Don't get the easy street, get the actual Viair.  I ran  a 10 gallon system on one @ 160 psi.  I just upgraded to 2 450's, no problems.  with a total of six gallons you will have no problems with 1 450.  You don't need to spend big money on a blowjack 3/4.  Plus they are to loud and annoying when they are running

does anyone have any knowlegde on this site. Yes Viair is easy street..but easy street buy's the compressors from viair and takes off the stock cover sleeve(aluminium)......they put on a chome sleeve. Do you know what chrome will do on a motor like that? I didn't think so........if you chrome a altenator it will not allow the heat to extract as fast and as much. So think what it will do on a compressor running for period of time @ 150psi... possible thermol pertection or burn out the brushes inside the motor.......that it why I said Viair.....not Easy street.
you dumb fuck coming on here as a newbie and saying we don't know anything. I have a 450 from easy street and sorry dumbass, i don't think a cheaply chromed sleeve is going to do much harm, you might as well go saying that everyone that has chrome motors on juice should get rid of them because they don't last as long. Sayin I don't know the effects of heat transfer. Do you know what I do for a livin', I think not. I know more about metal working and the effects of heat on different metals than you will ever know. Go spend your time on another site if you are going run you mouth only having 5 posts.[/b][/quote]
:0

1 - 20 of 81 Posts