LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just took out the fuse and just hooked up a rellay and my compressor comes on but sometimes if i shut it off after its been runnin for about 5 mins it wont come back on untill like 10-15 mins later what is the problem here........after my compressor runs for about 5 mins i still dont have that much air in it and i need to keep it running.....help me!!!!

what risk do i have if i just take out the relay and just run it straight to the battery without anything (no fuse no relay no circut breaker)

if it helps for the people who dont know my compressor is a 3/4 horse blowjax compressor

Last edited by jumper at Dec 9 2003, 02:42 PM

·
Registered
86 Posts
dude do u have a pressure switch if not then how would the compressor know when to come on unless u have some kind of toggle switch to turn it on or wateva?

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
if you run the comp right off the battery uhm the only problem you will have is it will keep running

take the battery and compresser and hook it up strait and if it still does it then you comp is fucked and it is not the relay or switch it is the comp

have it checked out cuz it could have week contacts could be dirty if it is shutting of then my first thought would be that it is the motor on the comp

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
i agree i had the same comp but never had a problem with it. i just ran it to the battery with a toggle switch. never worried about it fryin out.

·
Registered
261 Posts
is this the same compressor that we have all been helping with???

if it is
take it back..

take it back..

take it back..

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes i am running a toggle switch and the compressor runs fine i think it is just the rellay is messed up or somthing

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im pretty sure its the rellay because one of the post is broke and it only works if you press on it

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by old_school_48@Dec 9 2003, 08:11 PM
put a york on, easy and fast
haha "easy" whats easy to you? the york isnt a bolt on! and i wouldnt there he has alot of room to play with.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by Mark+Dec 10 2003, 02:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Dec 10 2003, 02:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--old_school_48@Dec 9 2003, 08:11 PM
put a york on, easy and fast
haha "easy" whats easy to you? the york isnt a bolt on! and i wouldnt there he has alot of room to play with.[/b][/quote]
i custom fabricate shit all day, easy for me, and if its hard for you, come to my shop and i'll build brackets for you, u can sit down and watch me, which is easy, there for its easy for everyone

1 - 12 of 12 Posts