LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY NISSAN IS C-NOTCHED AND THE COMPRESSOR IS IN THE BED OF THE TRUCK, SINCE THERE IS NO WHEELWELLS THE WATER DURING STORMS KICKS WATER ALL OVER THE COMPRESSOR AND TANKS ETC. WELL I HAVE HAD THE TRUCK FOR 8 MONTHS AND NOW IT QUIT AFTER A STORM TODAY. I AM NEW TO THE "SPORT" AND LEARN AS I GO, BUT I AM CURIOUS TO KNOW IF COMPRESSORS ARE WATER TIGHT OR CAN THEY TAKE IN WATER AND BURNOUT? I WILL LET IT DRY OUT AND TRY AGAIN TOMORROW BUT ALSO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE HAS BEEN THREW SOMETHING LIKE THIS. THE GUYS I BOUGHT THE TRUCK FROM, TOLD ME TO HOSE EVERYTHING DOWN AFTER I GO TO THE BEACH OR JUST TO CLEAN THEM ONCE IN A WHILE, BUT NEVER MENTIONED IF THE COMPRESSOR COULD BE RUNNING AND GET WET WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS. THANKS FOR HELPING A BEGINNER OUT. :0 :( :uh: :angry:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BY THE WAY I AM USING A VIVAIR 450 COMPRESSOR

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANKS FOR THE INFO, I FIGURED OUT MY PROBLEM THIS AFTERNOON, THE SOLENOID TO THE COMPRESSOR WAS NOT GROUNDED PROPERLY AND QUIT WORKING (BURNT OUT) A FRIEND OF MINE TRIPPED THE WIRES AND VOILA, COMPRESSOR STARTED RIGHT UP. (LIKE HOW YOU TRIP A BROKEN STARTER) GLAD ITS ONLY A 10 DOLLAR FIX....THANKS AGAIN!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I LIED PROBLEM NOT FIXED PLEASE READ NEW POST "SOLENOID TO COMPRESSOR PROBLEM" I COULD USE ANY OPINION. ASAP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts