LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what compressor has the most cfm? i have 2 viair 450's right now and i looking to add 2 more compressors. i notich that the viair 400 have more cfm. what other compressors have around 3 cfm or more

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
yorks have the most :biggrin:
Engine RPM CFM
rpm750 ....... 3.2 cfm (can a car even idel that low)
rpm1200 ........ 4.4 cfm
rpm2000.......... 7.3 cfm
rpm3000 ......... 9.1cfm

Last edited by Mark at Dec 12 2003, 05:08 PM

·
Registered
261 Posts
with 2 450's & 2 blowjacks,

i would be considering 2nd battery with an uprated split charging system..
Bearing in mind all compressors would start-up at the same time, unless you used some sort of time delay on each compressor.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by jjj@Dec 12 2003, 07:21 PM
with 2 450's & 2 blowjacks,

Bearing in mind all compressors would start-up at the same time, unless you used some sort of time delay on each compressor.
hell, I ran a seperate battery with just 1 Blowjax..

I ran an 8 GA wire to from the main batt to the trunk, through a big solenoid, to charge the aux batt.

when the car was off, the batteries were isolated from each other, when it was on, the were connected..

Heres a pic of the battery holder i made

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Dec 12 2003, 05:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Dec 12 2003, 05:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--jjj@Dec 12 2003, 07:21 PM
with 2  450's & 2 blowjacks,

hell, I ran a seperate battery with just 1 Blowjax..

I ran an 8 GA wire to from the main batt to the trunk, through a big solenoid, to charge the aux batt.

when the car was off, the batteries were isolated from each other, when it was on, the were connected..

Heres a pic of the battery holder i made

[/b][/quote]
so it was a normal charging system, with a wire from battery to a remote battery switch, then to another battery.
and the battery switch was conected to the ignition?

and if that is it what amperage was the alternater i ran an extra battery in the trunk with an issolater but it sucked ass

Last edited by joebomber52 at Dec 12 2003, 07:03 PM

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
its a 130 amp alternator

it worked fine for me... i used to run that battery down in about 20 minutes before I wired the alt to it..

and I just used a regular solenoid, like the ones you use with juice..
I bought a stinger 80A isolator, but never used it.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Dan just a question, I see how you have your water trap after your air filter, shouldnt it be after the leader hose?....doesnt the moisture get produced after it has been through the compresing stage?....we put ours after the leader hose at our shop, just curious...

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by 1lorodeo@Dec 12 2003, 09:59 PM
Dan just a question, I see how you have your water trap after your air filter, shouldnt it be after the leader hose?....doesnt the moisture get produced after it has been through the compresing stage?....we put ours after the leader hose at our shop, just curious...
i think its an oiler

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52@Dec 12 2003, 05:10 PM
he can't fit a york into a 350z
o i didnt know he has a z350. but still its the compressor with the most cfm :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by 1lorodeo@Dec 12 2003, 08:59 PM
maby it is the oiler??????/

maby not but yeah the filter it should be i=on the exhaust side i always put mine right befor the tank

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by Mark+Dec 12 2003, 10:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Dec 12 2003, 10:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--1lorodeo@Dec 12 2003, 09:59 PM
i think its an oiler[/b][/quote]
:uh:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by blue0020@Dec 12 2003, 11:13 PM
it is an oiler....i bought the compressor from him
my thoughts for what theyre worth.....

even if you have a filter mounted right on the tank, youre still gonna get condensation built up in the tank...

I ran last year with no type of dryer at all, I just bought an Aro coalescing filter though, because the York likes to move a little bit of oil, and once that shit gets in the tank, it starts to stink.. :(

The new filter should ake care of that, but the tank will still need drained periodically due to condensation.... so I put a 1/8" needle valve in the bottom port, all I have to o is crack it for a couple of seconds, and drain the water.. pretty painless..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts