LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking of gettin 2 of those viair 550s but ive seen some people use those belt powered compressors that go under the hood!! which would be faster? and are there any downfalls to using one over the other? I have 2 3 gallon tanks but plan on going a lot bigger in the near future, and the viairs are suppose to fill up a 3 gallon in about 1 min 5 sec. which is the fastest i could find!!! ne knowledge for this new timer trying to get his shit straight with the whole bags thing? :twak:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx big dan!!! you the man, you seem to have all the answers to everything everyone asks on here!!! so how do those work? the yorks? do they just bolt into your motor somewhere? or would i have to buy a specific one to fit my application? and what kind of wear and tear would it do to my motor if any at all? because i had 2 firestone compressors and it drained my alternator, so now im waiting on a 200 amp chrome alternator i ordered!! will this be enough to power it or to much? etc...

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
well, depending on your vehicle, there are some mounting kits available. I had to make my own.

The have a clutch built in to them, so you need to run a pressure switch to cycle the York on and off.. as far as wear and tear on the motor, its just like running the air conditioning on a car, its nothing to worry about. I may add a solenoid to boost my RPM's when it kicks on though, as it does bog the motor slightly, not noticable when driving, but kinda noticable at idle..

if you cant do a York, I highly recommend the Blowjax DC7000 compressor. most people dont like AIM stuff, but I had no problems out of my Blowjax. I just didnt like hearing a compressor humming along in my trunk.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"if you cant do a York, I highly recommend the Blowjax DC7000 compressor. most people dont like AIM stuff, but I had no problems out of my Blowjax. I just didnt like hearing a compressor humming along in my trunk."

aye Dan, what do these blowjax's compare to those viair 550's i was looking into? like how fast are they? i know its listed that the viairs fill up a 3 gallon in 1min. 5 seconds, and was wondering how fast those blowjax are compared to that? i was looking into those yorks, but i dont have no room by my motor to fit one!!! :tears: :tears:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by SERIOUSHYDROS@Aug 22 2003, 09:12 PM
Gotta have the motor going to run the compressor tho. Right? cant really play around unless you leave it running or while driving.
ya, when the tank empties I turn the car on for 3 or 4 minutes to refill it.

or I turn the nitrogen on...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've used a york for the last 2 years now, not one problem with it yet. Only downfall is the heat it produces, they do get hot if you use them alot, but if you can fit one i'd highly recommend it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah thats been on my mind along with multiple yorks so i can ditch the nitrogen, but my truck is too small for more than one york which sucks, maybe a fullsize car or truck you could get a couple going.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts