LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I put a deep dish wire wheel on the continental kit?
My kit does not look like I can put a wheel in it, even if I cut the wheel as close as I can to the spokes. Even if I unbolt the latch mechanism and put it somewhere else, it still looks like the adapter of the wheel will still touch where the latch mechanism was originally bolted on to.

·
Registered
256 Posts
First do you have a welder or know someone that does?

·
Registered
256 Posts
You cut the part where the latch is on and you may need to add a pice of metal to extend it back far enough to give you the desired clearance that is needed. The only thing with this is that your rim may not let the kit sit all the way back in the "closed" posotion. It might end up tilted.

I ended up cutting a bit more than just that part that holds the latch. I cut the entire section in the back that was ment to hold the kit closed. then I cut my bumper and I welded the latch itself to the bumper so that when I close the kit up it will end up looking like it's supposed to originally.

I can't remember how to post up pics but if I can figure it out I'll post up pics of my install.

hope this helps

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you.
The pictures would really be helpful.
I don't understand how you cut the bumper and welded the latch.
Also, did you put HOOK part that goes originally behind the hubcap, on the wire wheel adapter?

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
damn, I was too slow :biggrin:

thanks for the link post "Imperials84" ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts