LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Continental kit wheel Question....

5K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  claudio 
#1 ·
I know it's probrably a dumb question , but how do you go about putting a 100 spoke knockoff wheel into a continental kit and retain the tilting hardware? Anybody know?

#3 ·
#5 ·
its like this homie, you take the locking mechansim and reverse it,flip it around to bolt on to the other side then you take a torch to the piecewere it bends into the housing then lay it flat on top of the bumper, then you cut out the fiberglass to fit the rim but be aware that its fiberglass and it will crack, next you fit the rim, line up the adapter then drill a small hole as to fit wheel stud into a hole of the adapter, use a bolt long enough to use so when you close the kit the locking mechanism locks the bolt into place
....oh yeah cut the rim in half and no welding is involved if you need more help just pm me and i will walk you through the steps gladly

#6 ·
I just finished the vinyl on this one today and I will be installing it on my boys car is a few days..... and yes is will latch and release with the og pull chain.. ;)

Last edited by Liv4Lacs at Dec 13 2003, 02:57 AM

#8 ·
Originally posted by Liv4Lacs@Dec 13 2003, 12:52 AM
I just finished the vinyl on this one today and I will be installing it on my boys car is a few days..... and yes is will latch and release with the og pull chain.. ;)

What would the cost on 1 like this be...

I have a black 92' Fleetwood w/ black vinyl rag and black powder coated wheels too... K.O., spokes, and rim are all black (13x7)... Let me know on the prices...

#11 ·
Originally posted by R.O. Ryder+Dec 13 2003, 12:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (R.O. Ryder @ Dec 13 2003, 12:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Liv4Lacs@Dec 13 2003, 12:52 AM

I have a black 92' Fleetwood w/ black vinyl rag and black powder coated wheels too... K.O., spokes, and rim are all black (13x7)... Let me know on the prices...[/b][/quote]
The only way to put a 13" rim in a bumper kit the right way, is to find an older bumper kit made before 1985 by E&G Classics that has a 13" hub cap in it. Otherwise you can only put a 14" wheel. I charge $150 + shipping to put a rim in and cut the kit so the latch mechanism will work. If you want it rapped in vinyl i charge $120, and if you want cloth $150.

#14 ·
Originally posted by Liv4Lacs+Dec 13 2003, 10:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Liv4Lacs @ Dec 13 2003, 10:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Cadi Coupe@Dec 13 2003, 06:32 PM
and how do you bolt the rim to the conti kit ?
Bolts in from the back and it will NEVER fall out..........

[/b][/quote]
When you welded the brackets on you wasn't worried about scorching the other side of the rim?

Or better yet was it done before the pc

#15 ·
Originally posted by R.O. Ryder+Dec 13 2003, 11:22 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (R.O. Ryder @ Dec 13 2003, 11:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Liv4Lacs@Dec 13 2003, 12:52 AM

I have a black 92' Fleetwood w/ black vinyl rag and black powder coated wheels too... K.O., spokes, and rim are all black (13x7)... Let me know on the prices...[/b][/quote]
i can do it for 100.00 flat no bullshit, just did one for my cousin
this process only takes about an hour or two tops!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 ·
Originally posted by Bigthangs+Dec 16 2003, 11:08 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bigthangs @ Dec 16 2003, 11:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Liv4Lacs@Dec 13 2003, 10:38 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Cadi Coupe
@Dec 13 2003, 06:32 PM

When you welded the brackets on you wasn't worried about scorching the other side of the rim?

Or better yet was it done before the pc[/b][/quote]
A nice cold wet rag is what i use and ive never burned the chrome yet ;)

Last edited by Liv4Lacs at Dec 18 2003, 02:25 AM

#17 ·
Originally posted by mr.fleetwood+Dec 16 2003, 11:47 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mr.fleetwood @ Dec 16 2003, 11:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -R.O. Ryder@Dec 13 2003, 11:22 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Liv4Lacs
@Dec 13 2003, 12:52 AM

I have a black 92' Fleetwood w/ black vinyl rag and black powder coated wheels too... K.O., spokes, and rim are all black (13x7)... Let me know on the prices...
this process only takes about an hour or two tops!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b][/quote]
Do you guarantee the rim will not fall out and will stay tight in the kit?? What about the OG latch does it work the way u do it??? If so you dont charge enough for all that work!!!!

Last edited by Liv4Lacs at Dec 18 2003, 02:38 AM

#18 ·
Brian does the best work out there, I know he has worked on my car, you do it cheap you do it twice words of wisdom

#19 ·
Originally posted by Liv4Lacs+Dec 18 2003, 02:24 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Liv4Lacs @ Dec 18 2003, 02:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Bigthangs@Dec 16 2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by -Liv4Lacs@Dec 13 2003, 10:38 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Cadi Coupe
@Dec 13 2003, 06:32 PM

Or better yet was it done before the pc
A nice cold wet rag is what i use and ive never burned the chrome yet ;)[/b][/quote]
Damn I forgot about the old cold rag trick ;) ;) :biggrin: Good looking out.

#20 ·
Any 1 w/ acess to a continental kit PM me so i can send it to Brian and have him hook it up for me... It must be for a 13" rim thought, any color don't matter... Thanks... Trevis

#21 ·
Originally posted by Liv4Lacs+Dec 18 2003, 01:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Liv4Lacs @ Dec 18 2003, 01:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -mr.fleetwood@Dec 16 2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by -R.O. Ryder@Dec 13 2003, 11:22 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Liv4Lacs
@Dec 13 2003, 12:52 AM

this process only takes about an hour or two tops!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you guarantee the rim will not fall out and will stay tight in the kit?? What about the OG latch does it work the way u do it??? If so you dont charge enough for all that work!!!![/b][/quote]
whoa chill out homie its cheaper for me cuz mexico is right in front of my face so the materials are way cheaper price not quality, besides i already told you it works with chain and about it falling out, i dont even think anyones even told me a story about the rim falling out off the kit but, if you have one id sure like to hear it.
p.s. if you ever need some material like vynil let me know , they did my top for 70$, and my homies interior for 575$ all vynil carpet,headliner all,peace and dont get rowdy vato, relax ;)

#22 ·
Nuts, bolts some angle iron its all cheap and I buy vinyl from a supply house so that’s also cheap (wholesale )… When you pay me your paying for my labor and the quality craftsmanship ;)
I'm not mad at you! make your money just dont give your labor away..... I used to and now I realize what I was giving away... Remember people will pay for quality!

Yes, I have seen rims falling out. I've seen huge gaps and I've also seen people use silicone to glue there rim in place.

:uh:

#23 ·
Originally posted by R.O. Ryder@Dec 18 2003, 06:36 PM
Any 1 w/ acess to a continental kit PM me so i can send it to Brian and have him hook it up for me... It must be for a 13" rim thought, any color don't matter... Thanks... Trevis
I will be on a look out for ya ;)

#24 ·
Originally posted by Liv4Lacs@Dec 18 2003, 11:03 PM
Nuts, bolts some angle iron its all cheap and I buy vinyl from a supply house so that’s also cheap (wholesale )… When you pay me your paying for my labor and the quality craftsmanship ;)
I'm not mad at you! make your money just dont give your labor away..... I used to and now I realize what I was giving away... Remember people will pay for quality!

Yes, I have seen rims falling out. I've seen huge gaps and I've also seen people use silicone to glue there rim in place.

:uh:
i did a re-work on a continental kit before that had silicone, damn that was funny.lol, and btw i cheap for the labor, cuz i get so much
im not trying to be greedy, just trying to help out the raza, you know cuz before i didnt know how to do shit and i would get charged, big time , so now i dont want people to be in my position that i was in so i charge cheap, thanx for the advice though ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.