LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, at $25.00 each, how have you found these 12VDC solenoids to work?

·
Registered
379 Posts
thats expensive. Most people are standing by accurates ;)

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm... it just seems like a continuous duty would take the stress.

Here is a PIC:

and a pic of a heavy duty double pole (not continuous)

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have tryed every thing in the book and if you are running over 36V then dont even think about using any thing but a preston block. or however you spell it. My shit just about caught on fire when the solenoid welded together.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by Hydros@Nov 17 2003, 06:19 AM
Hmm... it just seems like a continuous duty would take the stress.

Here is a PIC:

and a pic of a heavy duty double pole (not continuous)
that continuous duty i wouldn't try i mean after all it is continuous ..that means normally closed ...off the switch full boogie wide open ... wrong way ...hold that switch up and holler to some one to pull your ground

and we are only hittin intermittently or momentarily ...if you wanted to add some for the ground maybe ... but still use a proper ground just in case ... kinda like a plan b

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like with hydraulic valves, you have normally closed and normally open valves.

Same for solenoids.

Continuous would mean the amount of time that valve or solenoid can be activated. (closed or open)

It's good you pointed that out, I should ask which type it is before I buy them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
CONTINUOUS DUTY MEANS,THE COIL CAN BE ACTIVATED FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME....A REGULAR SOLENIOD WILL OVERHEAT THE COIL WINDING ,AND SHORT OUT ,IF VOLTAGE IS APPLIED FOR TOO LONG.....
ORIGINAL ADEL DUMPS HAVE A STAMP, SAYING 28 VOLTS CONT. DUTY,AND THAT JUST MEANS THE DUMP CAN BE HELD ,TO THE OPEN POSITION .....AND NOT BURN (OVERHEAT) THE COIL.......BUT , NONE OF THE NEWER GENERATION DUMPS, CAN HANDLE THAT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts