LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i want to make my 78 cutty a working drop top... can any one tell me how or where i can get a top that will fit with little or no mods?

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
i heard caddy eldorado roofs fit but im not 100% sure

·
IM BACK!!!
7,752 Posts
Originally posted by stevie d@Jan 19 2009, 06:49 PM~12752568
i heard caddy eldorado roofs fit but im not 100% sure
they still need to be modified.

I havent heard of a DIRECT fit top yet-- if anyone finds one let me know-- Ill put one on my Cutty :biggrin:

·
Registered
321 Posts
There was a teal cutty from Rollerz Only in Miami in lowrider magazine a couple of years ago that had one. Article said the owner took it off a lebaron convertible.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey i found the article and he used one from a caddy eldo... thanks for the help... i also looked a number to reach rollerz only to try in contact the owner for more info

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yeah thats the one i was talking about......let us know how it works out for you. I got an 82 myself and thought about doing the same but seems like alot of work so I'll probably just go with a moonroof.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no problem... i'll keep everyone inform since you were nice enough to help me out... dont get that much around where i am

·
Registered
26,378 Posts
putting a drop top on a g-body, is like polishing up a turd. end of day its still a piece of shyt. just my .02 :cool:

·
IM BACK!!!
7,752 Posts
Originally posted by Devious Sixty8@Jan 20 2009, 04:45 AM~12757845
putting a drop top on a g-body, is like polishing up a turd.    end of day its still a piece of shyt.  just my .02    :cool:
SO-- if thats the case

whats worse-- doin it to a Gbody- or doin it to a hardtop impala :biggrin:

IMO I say fuc it-- cut up a Gbody and make it sic-- put some work in it- BUT MAKE SURE ITS RIGHT or it is a turd

·
Registered
321 Posts
Originally posted by SWIPH@Jan 20 2009, 12:08 PM~12760174
SO-- if thats the case

whats worse-- doin it to a Gbody- or doin it to a hardtop impala :biggrin:
IMO I say fuc it-- cut up a Gbody and make it sic-- put some work in it- BUT MAKE SURE ITS RIGHT or it is a turd
x2

·
Registered
959 Posts
1st post. post your ride. convertible conversion fest, post up cars converted to working verts

2post in paint and body G-BODY CONVERTIBLE!, NEED MORE INFO ON THEM

Search tool is a helluva thing.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Originally posted by 78cutt-dogg@Jan 19 2009, 07:28 PM~12751700
ok i want to make my 78 cutty a working drop top... can any one tell me how or where i can get a top that will fit with little or no mods?
SEE MY AVITAR YOU NEED TO FIND A1982-84-ELDARO VERT,USE THE TOP,SIDE CLASS,DOOR CLASS,BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO MODFY IT SOME,BUT NOT MUCH :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts