LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a frame wrap enough to keep it rigid??????? Looking to buy a 4 door to make into a convertible/daily/summer dancer.....is a frame wrap good enough to keep the car together and the doors still opening???

Oh yeah lookin to pick up the car in a few days need to know! :biggrin:
 

·
McAsshole
Joined
·
1,891 Posts
:thumbsdown:
 

·
למה אני &#1506
Joined
·
13,351 Posts
there was a guy on here a while ago that did that a 62 4 door, i cant find the pic right now but when i do ill post it up....shit looked funny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Come on need some help here,....its not like I am going to be up in your hood throwin down. I'm ballin on a budget (medium pimpin). You see I got a full CCE chrome kit springs driveshaft carrier bearing 13"s batteries and all brand new for over a year now and no car. The 2 door I was going for sold out from under me so times have changed and I need a car. Just don't have the stack I had before cause of home improvements and all. So thats why a 4 door is what its lookin like at this time.

Just want a ride to due for now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,771 Posts
Originally posted by crazyloco81@Oct 16 2007, 07:56 AM~9012782
Come on need some help here,....its not like I am going to be up in your hood throwin down.  I'm ballin on a budget (medium pimpin).  You see I got a full CCE chrome kit springs driveshaft carrier bearing 13"s batteries and all brand new for over a year now and no car.  The 2 door I was going for sold out from under me so times have changed and I need a car.  Just don't have the stack I had before cause of  home improvements and all.  So thats why a 4 door is what its lookin like at this time.

Just want a ride to due for now.
I hear ya man...it's alright to be different and work with what you got. This would be the first convertible 64 I've ever seen. If a 4-door Lincoln Continental can do it, why not an Impala? Besides, we gotta do something with all those 4-door impalas out there... :cool:


And to answer your question, a quality frame wrap should be sufficient...just don't make it a crazy hopper of nothin... :biggrin:
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Originally posted by crazyloco81@Oct 16 2007, 07:56 AM~9012782
Come on need some help here,....its not like I am going to be up in your hood throwin down.  I'm ballin on a budget (medium pimpin).  You see I got a full CCE chrome kit springs driveshaft carrier bearing 13"s batteries and all brand new for over a year now and no car.  The 2 door I was going for sold out from under me so times have changed and I need a car.  Just don't have the stack I had before cause of  home improvements and all.  So thats why a 4 door is what its lookin like at this time.

Just want a ride to due for now.
then just roll with a roof :uh: . and trust me this lifestyle isnt for ballers on a budget.



i am sorry to say but its " budget ballers" that are killing the art of lowriding.

imo 4 door impalas are great for parts.

but if you are going to roll it, then just keep it clean and simple till you find a two door. and please dont cut the top off thats going to look nassssssty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,928 Posts
Originally posted by MR. BUICK@Oct 16 2007, 12:59 PM~9014206
I hear ya man...it's alright to be different and work with what you got. This would be the first convertible 64 I've ever seen. If a 4-door Lincoln Continental can do it, why not an Impala? Besides, we gotta do something with all those 4-door impalas out there... :cool:
And to answer your question, a quality frame wrap should be sufficient...just don't make it a crazy hopper of nothin... :biggrin:
yea use em for parts...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,771 Posts
Originally posted by Chevillacs@Oct 16 2007, 04:22 PM~9016657
yea use em for parts...
Or that... :biggrin:

I'm just trying to give the guy some other options... :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,340 Posts
Originally posted by MR. BUICK@Oct 16 2007, 10:59 AM~9014206
I hear ya man...it's alright to be different and work with what you got. This would be the first convertible 64 I've ever seen. If a 4-door Lincoln Continental can do it, why not an Impala? Besides, we gotta do something with all those 4-door impalas out there... :cool:
And to answer your question, a quality frame wrap should be sufficient...just don't make it a crazy hopper of nothin... :biggrin:
There is one that cruises around mission sometimes :uh: if he only knew what people say when he is rollin :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Screw the 4 door.....Just picked up a 64 2 door for 2700.00 this weekend. Teal green extremely solid just missing an engine.

Question anyone know where I can get a good 2 speed powerglide ready to go. Have 2 trannys willing to trade for good one. :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,771 Posts
Originally posted by crazyloco81@Oct 22 2007, 07:12 AM~9055659
Screw the 4 door.....Just picked up a 64 2 door for 2700.00 this weekend. Teal green extremely solid just missing an engine. 

Question anyone know where I can get a good 2 speed powerglide ready to go.  Have 2 trannys willing to trade for good one. :biggrin:
Pix or it didn't happen... :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,716 Posts
i think it would be easyer to convert to a 2 door at the same time. get some doors off a 2 doors, move the striker post back and use the skin off the old rear doors to fill the gap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,530 Posts
Lowriding is about patience and dedication, everything can be brought back to those 2 words, in your case, have some patience in finding the right car not some 4door pos, and the dedication to do that one right and keep having the patience. Even if youre on a budget you can still do nice stuff, just got to save up0 a little longer then the next man
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
685 Posts
I think 4 door low low's are not bad. we are so use to it being just 2 door thats we think thats what it has to be... i think it will look good and its your car your money so have it be what you want..... In the Movie "El Padrino" (not the god father) they have a 4 door and its convertable but its a 62..
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top