LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Originally posted by low4oshow@Jul 21 2008, 11:49 PM~11144984
and i know who built it to.all his builds are detailed like that.and check this out
http://public.fotki.com/MrObsessive/danbury_mint_1957/
what amazes me is how much detail he can do with really big hands, first time I met him at a m.a.m.a. club meeting my jaw literally dropped

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Jul 22 2008, 10:24 PM~11155618
We didn't even get to the discussion of disclosing any details so that can't be the reason. Even without disclosing every detail there's enough to say and to see on that model. From what I understand is they told Ryan it is because it's considered to be a RC car...in my view it's 100% kitbuilding PLUS.
Their criteria suspects that you can have working features but not remote controlled even when everything is tucked away inside the model....weird. :loco:
That's a load :uh:

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
You guys are right ofcourse.... :biggrin:

I'm studying on doing a convertible top for quite some time now clicking away dozens of pictures of 1:1 tops. The fabric I'm looking into using is the one used for umbrellas....some kite fabrics look similar. Still not a 100% perfect but it's pretty thin, flexible, stays wrinkle free and comes in lot's of colors and styles.
I've seen special ultra flexible syntethic foils that looked very good but still have to figure out where to get it from. ;)

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Originally posted by jevries@Jul 24 2008, 12:01 AM~11165231
You guys are right ofcourse.... :biggrin:

I'm studying on doing a convertible top for quite some time now clicking away dozens of pictures of 1:1 tops. The fabric I'm looking into using is the one used for umbrellas....some kite fabrics look similar. Still not a 100% perfect but it's pretty thin, flexible, stays wrinkle free and comes in lot's of colors and styles.
I've seen special ultra flexible syntethic foils that looked very good but still have to figure out where to get it from. ;)

yeah that doesnt sound too bad. ...if anybody can make it, your the man Jevries

21 - 33 of 33 Posts