LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been debating with my homie for a grip now trying to tell him you can't convert a super sport into a "LS" I heard it can be done if you have the front clip and all the moldings and such..can this be done? if so how?..thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,223 Posts
yea any monte carlo 81-88 can be changed wheather its ss ls or just ur average ass monte its all trim fenders header panel tailights and bumpers :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does anyone have any "before and "after" pictures? I'm thinking of possibly doing this would just like to see pictures first..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,774 Posts
youll have to add the chrome moldings on the side,and remove the fin on the trunk,and i believe tailights are flushed on a s.s,,my 2 cents,,,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,097 Posts
IT CAN BE CONVERTED, I DID A LS FRONT CLIP ON THE SS ALSO THE CHROME STRIPS ARE HELD ON BY THOSE LITTLE BODY RIVETS AND I WOUND UP USING 3M TAPE TO HOLD THEM ON ,ONLY DIFFERANCE IN THE END WAS THAT IT HAD ONE OF THOSE DEEP BOWL REAR WINDOWS. LOOKED FUGLY
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
58,442 Posts
Originally posted by GR33NSTAH@Oct 7 2007, 01:45 PM~8947607
does anyone have any "before and "after" pictures? I'm thinking of possibly doing this would just like to see pictures first..

Thats retarded. why the fuck would you anybody even do that, thats like making a grand national into a regal. It aint like a LuxurySports cant be found in the auto trader for 1500 bucks these days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,938 Posts
Originally posted by Skim@Oct 8 2007, 01:37 PM~8953864
Thats retarded. why the fuck would you anybody even do that, thats like making a grand national  into a regal. It aint like a LuxurySports cant be found in the auto trader for 1500 bucks these days.
Not in Vegas :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,097 Posts
ls is pretty rare out t this way too,many ss's though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,195 Posts
the 87-88 ss bumpers are different from the 86-88 luxury sport. the holes for the chrome strips are different. the fenders, i believe are the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I understand you can find "LS' pretty easy but i'm talking about ones with -tops , I'm just going to prolly find a ls with tops instead of conversion i don't think it would even look right plus it would not be a OG , ill just wait till one comes my way..thanks...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,069 Posts
Another thing, No one has pointed out is that the SS has Black window trim...

well atleast the 2 I had "84 & 86 " had black window trim.

the SS also has the wing in the back and another thing thats different is the fenders " but you dont have to change them "
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by TECHNIQUES SEXYTHREE@Oct 9 2007, 03:44 PM~8960893
Another thing, No one has pointed out is that the SS has Black window trim...

well atleast the 2 I had "84 & 86 " had black window trim.

the SS also has the wing in the back and another thing thats different is the fenders " but you dont have to change them "
WE USED ALL THE LS PARTS BECAUSE THE FRONT OF THE SS WAS TOTALED AND WE HAD AN LS PARTS CAR THAT WAS HIT IN THE REAR IT WAS KINDA COOL BUT THAT BUBBLE REAR WINDOW KILLED IT ALSO I DONT KNOW IF THE REAR TRUNK LID WAS DIFF BUT WE LEFT THE WING AND THE SS REAR DECK LID I NEVER SEEN THE REAR BUMPER COMPLETED BUT FROM THE FRONT DOWN TO THE QUARTERS IT LOOKED PRETTY GOOD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,097 Posts
:cool:
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top