LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 92 towncar and the rear air suspension has quit working and i want to convert it to coil springs does anyone know how hard this would be or if it is something i can do myself to save some dough.

·
Registered
781 Posts
do it your self.

just jack up the body as far as you can and the coil should just be able to fit in then lower.

if there is all this shit in the way then take it apart, jack up the body while the axle is on the ground then remove the bag stuff, pop the coil in then lower and hook the parts back in.

im not sure how the rear is on a 92

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i would still like to have a little more info on this but i thought that i would be able to fix it myself.

·
Registered
58 Posts
you might have to make a better spring perch cuz after you take out the bag you'll see the stock perch is really small and i wouldnt trust that by it self

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I bought my 93 tc in march 04, and the rear bags went out july 04, I replaced them with springs from a crown vic and air shocks, haven't had a problem yet. If you don't have access to a lift, get the rear up on jack stands, unbolt the shocks. I believe there is a clip that holds the bags to the axle but I honestly don't remember anymore. The one issue I had get the coils in is if you don't have a spring compressor you may need to jack up one side of the axle to help get the spring seated properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts