LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to try to save some money. Do i just need the "retrofit" kit they sell in auto parts stores??? I was jus gonna do that. please let me know what i need or what a shop will charge me to do it???

·
TDMMC
10,886 Posts
The retro kit will work fine,sometimes the kit just comes with adapters thats ok.Depends on how much you wanna spend. ;)

·
Registered
989 Posts
your supposed to get all of the old taken out, but 90% of the people that do it dont do it, i sell the shit out of the retro fit kit at work, ive had no customers come in with problems from not having it vac'd out, in my oppinion as long as you make it "empty" there wont be enough of the r-12 left in the system to hurt much of anything

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay i need help. I put on the adapter fittings, put in what it would let me [less than a can] and my compressor dont kick on, i think its the relay, i have 2 on the top driver side engine bay, 1 is for the fuel pump but which one is for the comp??? i bought a cycle switch but i dont think it works help please

i hate typing

813 948 9791 ask for ryan

thanks

·
Registered
989 Posts
why are you converting? R12 works just fine.

You really don't need to convert anything to have your A/C working kick ass.

Look through the 64 chevy forums on chevytalk.org they have a few excellent threads about A/C and why you don't really want to convert.

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by kannabis@Aug 28 2006, 05:48 PM~6061635
why are you converting?  R12 works just fine.

You really don't need to convert anything to have your A/C working kick ass.

Look through the 64 chevy forums on chevytalk.org  they have a few excellent threads about A/C and why you don't really want to convert.
The reason people want to convert is because you cant just go get freon anymore, R-134 you can just walk into any parts store and buy it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts