LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a car with a set of CCE components on it.... whats the good the bad and the ugly of CCE? This si my first car with hydralics,

·
Registered
694 Posts
if it has cce cylinders, get rid of them now and get some pro hoppers, havent heard nothin bad about their pumps tho, please tell me you didnt buy that chevette off ebay,lmfao

·
Registered
51,637 Posts
pump are good ,cylinder are crap ,power -ball are good ,coils are medium ,the rest its mostly even with all companies

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No it was on there though..... Guy I got it from bought it offa ebay 3 weeks ago.for 1300 ... and relisted it this week becuase its not practical for daily driving like he had hoped.... I didnt wanna buy it without seeing it so I drove the 30 miles today to look at it, and becuase someone at his work backed into it he sold it to me for $500.

No rust at all on the car..... and everything works fine on it... but the front cylinders leak off.... I'm a low budget kinda guy so I'm going to re ring the htings and see what happens (cce o ring kits like 6 bucks) I assume they are cce cylinders.... didnt see any logos anywhere when I looked a tit except on the pumps.

Then if they go again I'll look into replacment....

·
Registered
942 Posts
what car the chevette

·
Registered
942 Posts
i'll say what i post every time about cce cylinders,the manufacturer that was doin the cylinders wasnt doin them right so they switched i just bought some a few months ago and havent had any probs yet as for the orignals the only prob with those was the strokes were gettin bad niks in it therfor it was leakin no bends breaks and the hydros are used almost everyday

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The fronts leak now so they might could ne nicked up.... hoping I cna jsut replace o rings though.... G/f's dad works for sun source hydralics, which is a heavy equitment hydro company. Gonan ahve him help me out with the cylinders, he knows his shit.

yes the chevette.

·
Registered
942 Posts
i seen that fer on e bay 500 isnt bad but whoever bought it 4 askin price is dumb

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
well since its in a chevette..keep all the cce

·
Registered
318 Posts
lets see, whats good about cce hummm nouthing whats bad cce humm everything so i guess thats means that cce is garbage, my 2 cents

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts

this doesnt look like $3900.00 in the hydraulics alone. those rear cylinders look like 2 different sizes :0

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
CCE isnt garbage, i have yet to have a problem with my setup. but my strokes are show time, so dont ask my opinion on CCE's strokes.

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
Originally posted by pimpoldscutlass81@Aug 29 2005, 12:22 AM~3710972
CCE isnt garbage, i have yet to have a problem with my setup. but my strokes are show time, so dont ask my opinion on CCE's strokes.

BULLSHIT CCE SUCKS ASS................................................................

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Originally posted by lowperformance2@Aug 29 2005, 07:49 AM~3711583
BULLSHIT    CCE SUCKS ASS................................................................
:roflmao: :roflmao:

dont short yourself on those POS cylenders unless your just gonna flip it for about $100 more if you can,lol, then just rebuild them.
way to many people said and shown cce cylenders are JUNK. if your keeping the car, replace with pro hopper or showtime comps

and whats with you and chevettes? you had 3 of them you built?

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
I have had cce cylinders for a while and they never leaked and never bent, no trouble out of them at all. I did replace them with prohopper on the rear because I wanted a shorter throw.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts