LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im having a wierd probelm wit my solenoids , i keep buying new ones and the one at the end that connects to the battery keeps catching on flames..i duno wat it could be..i checked all the grounds i cleaned it all up wit a dremel tool and took off all paint and everything so maybe u guys can give me a diagram similair to how mine is setup and maybe correct my setup for me and re-post the picture so i can see the different ways to do it..ive had 3 solenoids for the front but it kept burning up so i ran 4 solenoids and the same shit happened so i duno wat the hell it can be but here goes my diagram..PAINT SHOP!! haha..


by the way ...its 24 volt wire not 12 volt wire! just a lil mistake i did
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Originally posted by 93CaDiWoOd@Sep 16 2006, 05:38 AM~6185388
im having a wierd probelm wit my solenoids , i keep buying new ones and the one at the end that connects to the battery keeps catching on flames..i duno wat it could be..i checked all the grounds i cleaned it all up wit a dremel tool and took off all paint and everything so maybe u guys can give me a diagram similair to how mine is setup and maybe correct my setup for me and re-post the picture so i can see the different ways to do it..ive had 3 solenoids for the front but it kept burning up so i ran 4 solenoids and the same shit happened so i duno wat the hell it can be but here goes my diagram..PAINT SHOP!! haha..


by the way ...its 24 volt wire not 12 volt wire! just a lil mistake i did
try this homie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
Originally posted by Tuna_Sammich@Sep 16 2006, 02:48 PM~6185454
100 percent incorrect
it works, too. i doesn't matter where you install your noids, but it doesn't help solving his problem. maybe he have to use better noids or use 6 noids - 3 paralell + 3 serial....
 

·
Face Puncher
Joined
·
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by impala64lowrider@Sep 16 2006, 09:08 AM~6185469
it works, too. i doesn't matter where you install your noids, but it doesn't help solving his problem. maybe he have to use better noids or use 6 noids - 3 paralell + 3 serial....

I just had another look. maybe youre right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,362 Posts
do they burn up instantly, or is it after a couple hits...96v through 12v solenoids. they won't last very long, you should get some 24v, even 36v. i know the accurate solenoids are 24v, and i've seen some from a semi that are 36v. as far as you wiring it looks correct to me. your going to need the thickest wire you could get your hands on. hope this helps somehow. :cool:
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Originally posted by hosscutlass@Sep 16 2006, 07:39 AM~6185446
try this homie

it`s not the volts that kill the noids it`s the amps if you wire the batterys and noids this way (pic above)it cuts the amps in half that are going through the noids
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the noids blow after a couple hits and its only the first noid where one end is connected to the battery and tha other end is connected to a noid..its only one that catches on fire ...the SAME ONE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 gauge wiring for batterys & solenoids and im sure thats good enough..or mroe then good enough..so yea i dont know wat the hell the problem could be..unless theres sum type of way i can split the solenoids or sumthing or how to wire them up where they wont burn out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,056 Posts
i like to use 1/O and make sure all your cables are 1/O even your ground make sure all grounds are clean and wire it like hoss and you will not have any problems with solenoids ;) make sure you get a good starter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
does the block have to be grounded real good or wut?..cuz maybe its the block ..cuz i think theres alot fo grease between the block and the bolts
 

·
Face Puncher
Joined
·
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by 93CaDiWoOd@Sep 16 2006, 05:22 PM~6187102
does the block have to be grounded real good or wut?..cuz maybe its the block ..cuz i think theres alot fo grease between the block and the bolts
yes it should be clean, metal to metal contact.
 

·
Married to the Ave
Joined
·
24,221 Posts
WTF YOU RUNNING 96 VOLTS FOR ANYWAY??? UNLESS YOU ARE STRAIGHT COMPETITION AND DONT CARE ABOUT ROLLIN THE STREET...BACK IT DOWN TO 60 V OR MAX 72....YOU WILL GET WAY MORE LIFE OUT OF YOUR MOTORS, NOIDS, AND PROBABLY WONT BREAK AS MUCH SHIT!!!!!



USE THESE.....60V HD....AND USE A 12V AS A SWITCH TO TURN THEM ON!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so it can be the block not grounded well ....cuz its just the first solenoid that keeps catching on fire ..like if all the power stops at that noid and causes it to catch on fire???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so if its too much volts/amps or wutever, then if sumone can give me a diagram on how to do it...or wat to do ..and how much solenoids i really need or wut the problem could be..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so if its too much volts/amps or wutever, then if sumone can give me a diagram on how to do it...or wat to do ..and how much solenoids i really need or wut the problem could be..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by hosscutlass@Sep 16 2006, 05:39 AM~6185446
try this homie

so if i were to use this way...well i still be getting the same speed to the front as if it were to be connected the way i connected..?? and where would i connectd the switch wire to? wat end of the noids? the first noid..the middle noid or the last noid?
 
1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Top