LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna be finishing up wrapping my frame for my caddi, im gona match it to the car, was wondering approx. how much paint im gonna need?

appreciated

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
bro it is a good idea to always get more paint than you need----sometimes if you buy paint by the quart you will get the "tones" off just a little when you buy them at different times----depending on the type of paint that you are using when you reduce it you will end up w/ twice the amout--for example i quart of 1:1 ratio will make 1/2 gallon-----that should be more then enough for a frame but i would buy two quarts and mix them together so they will both get the same "tone" and then reduce down to the 1:1 that way if you happen to need more than the quart you will have the second quart that is the same "tone" as the first----also if you decide to paint other items you can match them up really good---------just my opinion bro----------peace

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
also do a spray out card to check for coverage. I have sprayed lots of colors that can take anywhere from 2-7 coats to obtain adequate hiding, not all paint covers well!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts