LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was crusing my link today n my rear was riding like a brick... im like wtf... pull over take a look and the accum shells have oil pouring outta them.... so i guess there really not doing shit , cuz i also notcied how fast the rear lifted too... neays didnt they crack from cold weather or just cuz there 4 years old?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Damn, that one's strange. Haven't heard of that happening before. Cold weather shouldn't do it. If anything, cold weather actually "drops" the pressure in them. What pressure were they set at? And where were they cracked? What kind were they?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
SOUNDS LIKE THE DIAPHRAGM INSIDE BROKE .... AND OIL MIGHT BE LEAKING OUT OF THE SCHRADER VALVE ... SOMETIMES HAPPENS TO ONE .. NOT REALLY COMMON TO HAPPEN TO MORE THAN ONE AT THE SAME TIME :0 :uh:

Last edited by SQUEAKYG at Dec 17 2003, 10:03 AM

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well acually i think it was just one of them and the oil was spitting and landed on the other one, making it look like both were leaking... neways i had the rear locked up and wiped the accum down clean then pushed on the car n oil scepted right out of the casing itsef... wierd it was never dropped or nething... there from prohopper there a lil bigger there more ballon lookn but more oval... i have 2 diffrent ones on my front pump.. the ones u see in pictures all the time... i dunno its weird im buy new ones newaus so all 4 match

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
sometimes the bladder breaks, sometimes a spring cracks... all part of life, things break down after time...

I had an accumulator die on me, if less than a year old and its a parker you get a free one in its place, free shipping, only have to send your busted one first and then wait.... then they send you a check for the shipping you put out....

but its four years old so you wont get a refund... There only about $90 or so each...
go on the parker site and contact your local distributor or get one from prohopper....

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Unfortunately U got one from a bad batch that was floating around... I heard from a realiable source, parker machined off a little too much on the weld and it caused a whole lot of em to do that... I had about 6 that after a while got a hair line crack and leaked....

if ya still got ya receipt ect... give em a call.... they should be able to help ya out in some way... ;) :biggrin:

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
i never liked accums...good ole springs for me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts