LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can i fix my cracked bumper filler. can i fiberglass them? Bondo?

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Oct 1 2003, 06:50 PM
burn them to the ground and buy new ones???
YOU are not helping! :angry:

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Buy new ones! Don't try to fix them it is more trouble than it would be worth!!

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Mine was cracked on both sides from bumpering and three wheeling.....I bought a new one....and never put it on.... :biggrin:

WAR WOUNDS!!!!!! Its all good.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Go to paint store they got some shit called durmax shit works good for plastic repairs but you got to buy there 50 dollar gun then its like 25 a tube so you would be better off buying a new one. Or 3m makes a plastic repair that is decent forgot what it is called though one of them is good the rest just peel off and will crack again under pressure.

But if your talking about the bumper extensions like on big body cadillacs that shit is just gong to crumble anyway so get some abs filler pieces.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by KandyRedLac@Oct 2 2003, 05:12 AM
Go to paint store they got some shit called durmax shit works good for plastic repairs but you got to buy there 50 dollar gun then its like 25 a tube so you would be better off buying a new one. Or 3m makes a plastic repair that is decent forgot what it is called though one of them is good the rest just peel off and will crack again under pressure.

But if your talking about the bumper extensions like on big body cadillacs that shit is just gong to crumble anyway so get some abs filler pieces.
3m sucks, Duramix only has good catalized seam sealers, Fusor makes the best plastic repair products. Fusor T-21 or 100EZ. But seriously. if you have never done any plastic repair, I would get a good used one or a new one and save yourself the hassle.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Yea most 3m sucks it peels off when sanding and then it will crack later. But I used some blue 3m to fix a fender and so far its holding up pretty well just had to let it dry for along time but i would nt buy it again. Never tryed that Fusor going to have to check that out sometime.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by KandyRedLac@Oct 2 2003, 04:09 PM
Yea most 3m sucks it peels off when sanding and then it will crack later. But I used some blue 3m to fix a fender and so far its holding up pretty well just had to let it dry for along time but i would nt buy it again. Never tryed that Fusor going to have to check that out sometime.
I did a test with that same 3m blue plastic repair stuff on a smc hood. 6 inch round 2 sided reiforced repair. Did thew same with Fusor's 100EZ. Not only does the fusor cure faster and sand better. it is definatley stronger. I hot both hand, full force in the middle with a ball peen hammer. the 3m broke away in the first couple of hits. the fusor one took a 3lb. sledge to bust it. My money is on fusor, 110% I use all of the products daily and have never had a failure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts