LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some giovanna corsica 20s and one of the wheels has a 2 inch long crack and it is letting air out of my tire. I can drive it a while but after a few hours I can notice a difference in pressure. After I park it for the day, I can come out the next morning and have to go put more air in it because it gets real low. I was wondering is there anything I could do to save this rim,I dont have the $660 to pay for one rim. any help would really be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
is it on the inside or outside of rim, ever thought of welding it somehow???????? :uh:

Last edited by BigNasty85Regal at Nov 28 2003, 04:52 PM

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Go to a welder who specializes in aluminum alloy metal.Also a Rim shop might have a connection with someone who can do it. You can't weld it with a regular welder because the rim has to be pre-heated before it is welded. Hope this helps ;)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
From what i heard you need an aluminum welder like lil deville said, you can warp the wheel if it's not done right. Shit can happen to steel wheels too, i had to deal with it on some supremes i had cause the guy didn't know how to do it right.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
JB WELD and DUCT TAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah check with local rim shops and ask if they now of any1 that does it. i cracked one of my aluminum 19's and got it welded and had the lip redone for $90. Tell the shop that you have some weird ass wheel that you know they don't make anymore casue a lot of shops are shady and won't tell you so they can sell you a whole rim!!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts