LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These came in the street kit that I used on the rear. The rear is at only 48V and I popped 3 of these in one night! I pulled the two from the front off to put on the rear so that I could still take the car out for the night and eventually I went through 3 of them. They popped when I was dumping the car as I tapped it down from 3 wheel. The third i just dropped it a bit to lower the rear and it blew. Junk :thumbsdown:

anyone else blow these like this?

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
Originally posted by Joe5pt0@Aug 28 2005, 07:16 PM~3709655
These came in the street kit that I used on the rear. The rear is at only 48V and I popped 3 of these in one night! I pulled the two from the front off to put on the rear so that I could still take the car out for the night and eventually I went through 3 of them. They popped when I was dumping the car as I tapped it down from 3 wheel. The third i just dropped it a bit to lower the rear and it blew. Junk :thumbsdown:

anyone else blow these like this?

dam those came with your kit? i would be making a pretty pissed off call!

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
thats shitty man.....i agree they must suck but you must have those slowdowns open alot to put that much pressure on them.....im guessing youve got a single return?

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
sorry to say this but those look like they belong in a bathroom sink ...

(now watch me pop the one on my show time comp pump)

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
i just had the same thing happen to me the other night...same exact spot as on the first return line...popped on my front pump.....i got mine from prohopper in my new kit...

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I had one that was leaking on my front pump right at the crimp so I put an ugly ass rubber hose on it now. The rubber one isn't pretty but it isn't pissing oil all over my trunk everytime that I dump it either.

Rob

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
i fucking hate blowing hoses! especially a hose in the trunk. ive had so much hydraulic oil in my trunk, when i 3 wheel it all leaks out and it looks like i have a sick oil leak. i hate having to spray de greaser in my trunk and having to hose it out. if i left my car in the woods for 50 years, every thing would rot away exept for the floor pan in my trunk and my trunk lid....

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Those things definitely cannot support any type of load....I have had them on my car for over a year with no problem. Could depend on where your slowdown is plumbed too....and how shut it is. That can hold pressure back on the return lines..... :dunno:

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by big pimpin@Aug 29 2005, 01:20 AM~3710968
Those things definitely cannot support any type of load....I have had them on my car for over a year with no problem.    Could depend on where your slowdown is plumbed too....and how shut it is.  That can hold pressure back on the return lines..... :dunno:

This is how they were setup

I had the slowdown mostly closed since they were on the rear and I don't like dropping down very fast from a 3 wheel!

Don't laugh at the 1" to 3/8" on the front pumps :biggrin: I've got the bigger checks, just need fittings.

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After comparing your pics, <s>I noticed you have the slowdown THEN the hose, maybe thats why mine blew. Since I had the return THEN the slowdown, there was a pressure spike on the lines when I dumped :dunno: </s>

ok i looked again and they are the same way :dunno: its early

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
i've had mine for 3 yrs and no problems. i wonder if i should pull mine now after seeing all this or leave them. maybe they were swaped out for cheeper hoses after big pimpin bought his set up? im scuuuuured, tired of oil in the trunk

Attachments

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Originally posted by Joe5pt0@Aug 29 2005, 07:29 AM~3711559
After comparing your pics, <s>I noticed you have the slowdown THEN the hose, maybe thats why mine blew. Since I had the return THEN the slowdown, there was a pressure spike on the lines when I dumped :dunno: </s>

ok i looked again and they are the same way :dunno: its early

I thought the same thing at first...then was like, no...mine are the same way. They must have switched out to cheap hoses I imagine......because I hit the crap out of my stuff.

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by juggalo4life@Aug 29 2005, 07:50 AM~3711588
i've had mine for 3 yrs and no problems.  i wonder if i should pull mine now after seeing all this or leave them. maybe they were swaped out for cheeper hoses after big pimpin bought his set up?        im scuuuuured, tired of oil in the trunk
Maybe they did start using cheaper hose, but big pimpin and you only had 1 pump to the rear right? I got this kit in the Dec 03 by the way, but just started using it. I've had them on for a few weeks now.

Maybe its from the stress of dropping it down from standing 3 wheel that causes a pressure spike on the hose? It seemed to pop when I tapped the dump switch (rather then holding it down) so maybe upon tapping, the pressure spiked in the hose from 0 to X_high in such a quick moment that it was greater then the burst psi of the hoses? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BTW, i also could NOT hop the front of the car with these on @48V and 3/8" checks with delta dumps.

It seemed like the fluid took too long to dump into the tank so timing was way off. I thought it was the plumbing, low voltage or the dumps but....

When I switched them out for regular 3/8" hydraulic hoses, this happened

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Originally posted by Joe5pt0@Aug 29 2005, 11:54 AM~3712333
BTW, i also could NOT hop the front of the car with these on @48V and 3/8" checks with delta dumps.

It seemed like the fluid took too long to dump into the tank so timing was way off. I thought it was the plumbing, low voltage or the dumps but....

When I switched them out for regular 3/8" hydraulic hoses, this happened

:0 i smell bull shit! j/p That much of a deffernce, huh? hmmmmmmmmm, i may change mine out then. anyone have the measurements of the black hose returns? or are they the same leingth as the braided ones?

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by juggalo4life@Aug 29 2005, 01:47 PM~3713092
:0  i smell bull shit!        j/p    That much of a deffernce, huh? hmmmmmmmmm, i may change mine out then.      anyone have the measurements of the black hose returns? or are they the same leingth as the braided ones?
Man, for real. It felt funny hitting the switch like I couldn't dump the fluid right. I could hit it once, hold the dump for two bounces then hit it again...it still only got a couple of inches. I got it on video to prove it ;) I'll have to put it on my PC when I get home and post it up. :cool: I got mine made at the local truck stop, made them a bit longer just in case.

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
If you can't dump the fluid...its not going to hop. :) Sounds like it had a really long slowdown (the return lines). So they were holding pressure back causing them to pop. Just cheap lines.....different from what I got.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
on two of the pumps your slowdown is right at the return...put the slowdown right after the dump...pressure is still on those two the way it is plumbed

1 - 20 of 40 Posts