LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imagine a whammy tank.
with a street pump on one end - with a small gear for ... 48 volts to work good
and the other end would be a high power hopping pump.

the whammy tank will share the same oil -
so only one set of dumps need to be wired in

but would have to figure out a way to route the preassurized lines to the front to have a t in them or something to be preasurized by either pump.

this could allow a street car to drive around and hit switches just rollin around with the street pump on 48v
and then when its time to hop you could use a diffrent switch wired to the hopping pump at 72+ volts

I dont know - maby its pointless
but I know when im driving around town / anywhere realley I cant seem to keep my fingers from flicking switches. no need to actually hop the car tho when driving just wana lay and play at a light and what not.
so having the double sided whammy setup for the front would / could allow the street car lay and play function , and still be able to hop like a champ when u wanted to.

im gona draw a pix and post it. yall can say yes or no to its feasability of working

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
you can have just one pump wired at different volts. I have mine wired up at 48v inside the car and have a switch stick wired at 96v for hopping. No need for two pumps.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow - I did not think it would be possible to wire up two diffrent voltages to the same motor.
im not doubting that yours works
but I would think that there would be back feed of the higher voltage to the lower voltage cable - unless you are running a diffrent bank of solinoids for each diffrent voltage rating... maby thats how

can you still use front side to side switches like this also ?
so the high voltage switch is both left and right front up at same time to hop - and the low voltage switch can be wired to be controled individualy ?

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Its called double switching. 2 different voltages on 2 different switchs. Your right you run 2 banks of solenoids and 2 cables to the pump motor. Then wire whatever switches you want to what ever move you like. Just need to run 1 more wire for the 72v solenoid bank. Simple and easy

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by brian84corvette@Jan 15 2010, 11:07 PM~16306232
imagine a whammy tank.
with a street pump on one end - with a small gear for ... 48 volts to work good
and the other end would be a high power hopping pump.

the whammy tank will share the same oil -
so only one set of dumps need to be wired in

but would have to figure out a way to route the preassurized lines to the front to have a t in them or something to be preasurized by either pump.
this could allow a street car to drive around and hit switches just rollin around with the street pump on 48v
and then when its time to hop you could use a diffrent switch wired to the hopping pump at 72+ volts

I dont know - maby its pointless
but I know when im driving around town / anywhere realley I cant seem to keep my fingers from flicking switches.    no need to actually hop the car tho when driving  just wana lay and play at a light and what not.
so having the double sided whammy setup for the front would / could allow the street car lay and play function ,  and still be able to hop like a champ when u wanted to.     

im gona draw a pix and post it.    yall can say yes or no to its feasability of working
its been done to make it appear as one common tank before..just that the oil isnt shared between the 2 chambers..they have been seperated on the inside using a steel tank...

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Originally posted by Psycho631@Jan 15 2010, 09:42 PM~16306578
you can have just one pump wired at different volts. I have mine wired up at 48v inside the car and have a switch stick wired at 96v for hopping. No need for two pumps.
X2

or just learn how to lightly touch the switch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts