967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there was a movie that a company was going to do called

crenshaw blvd the movie.

is it still being made.

·
Premium Member
49,409 Posts
Oh you mean the one with Denzel in it? Yea, AWESOME movie man.

"You're in the office baby"

·
Registered
14,724 Posts
Originally posted by 1 LO 64@Jan 13 2009, 02:33 PM~12692124
Oh you mean the one with Denzel in it? Yea, AWESOME movie man.

"You're in the office baby"

:0

·
Registered
267 Posts
from their site......

http://www.patriotpictures.com/CB/production.htm

MICHAEL MENDELSOHN, Producer's bio...

As the Chairman and CEO of Patriot Pictures, LLC, Mr. Mendelsohn currently manages senior and mezzanine debt portfolios for banks and financial institutions specializing in entertainment. Mr. Mendelsohn has arranged production financing for over 258 films. Most recently he Executive Produced “Lord of War”, written and directed by Andrew Niccol and starring Nicolas Cage and Ethan Hawke and “Material Girls”, starring Hilary and Haylie Duff and Anjelica Huston, directed by Martha Coolidge. He is also currently producing the fast-action lowrider movie, “Crenshaw Blvd“, starring rapper 50 Cent and Wilmer Valderrama, directed by Benny Boom and “Unforsaken”, Executive Produced by George Romero and starring Chow Yun Fat. Mr. Mendelsohn has also arranged financing for such films as Beacon Pictures and Wolfgang Peterson’s “Air Force One”, Lakeshore Entertainment produced “The Mothman Prophecies”, Wachowski Brothers’ “The Matrix”, Icon Pictures produced “What Women Want” and Quentin Tarantino’s “Reservoir Dogs.”

.......lame, :uh: :uh:

·
Paying Dues
4,193 Posts
Originally posted by maddhopper@Jan 13 2009, 07:20 PM~12695704
from their site......

As the Chairman and CEO of Patriot Pictures, LLC, Mr. Mendelsohn currently manages senior and mezzanine debt portfolios for banks and financial institutions specializing in entertainment.  Mr. Mendelsohn has arranged production financing for over 258 films.  Most recently he Executive Produced “Lord of War”, written and directed by Andrew Niccol and starring Nicolas Cage and Ethan Hawke and “Material Girls”, starring Hilary and Haylie Duff and Anjelica Huston, directed by Martha Coolidge.  He is also currently producing the fast-action lowrider movie, “Crenshaw Blvd“, starring rapper 50 Cent and Wilmer Valderrama, directed by Benny Boom and “Unforsaken”, Executive Produced by George Romero and starring Chow Yun Fat.  Mr. Mendelsohn has also arranged financing for such films as Beacon Pictures and Wolfgang Peterson’s “Air Force One”, Lakeshore Entertainment produced “The Mothman Prophecies”, Wachowski Brothers’ “The Matrix”, Icon Pictures produced “What Women Want” and Quentin Tarantino’s “Reservoir Dogs.”

.......lame,  :uh:  :uh:
Thought Mack 10 was supposed to be in it?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
:biggrin:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think they picked the game

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Originally posted by maddhopper@Jan 13 2009, 07:20 PM~12695704
from their site......

As the Chairman and CEO of Patriot Pictures, LLC, Mr. Mendelsohn currently manages senior and mezzanine debt portfolios for banks and financial institutions specializing in entertainment.  Mr. Mendelsohn has arranged production financing for over 258 films.  Most recently he Executive Produced “Lord of War”, written and directed by Andrew Niccol and starring Nicolas Cage and Ethan Hawke and “Material Girls”, starring Hilary and Haylie Duff and Anjelica Huston, directed by Martha Coolidge.  He is also currently producing the fast-action lowrider movie, “Crenshaw Blvd“, starring rapper 50 Cent and Wilmer Valderrama, directed by Benny Boom and “Unforsaken”, Executive Produced by George Romero and starring Chow Yun Fat.  Mr. Mendelsohn has also arranged financing for such films as Beacon Pictures and Wolfgang Peterson’s “Air Force One”, Lakeshore Entertainment produced “The Mothman Prophecies”, Wachowski Brothers’ “The Matrix”, Icon Pictures produced “What Women Want” and Quentin Tarantino’s “Reservoir Dogs.”

.......lame,  :uh:  :uh:
Crenshaw has been in the since the beginning history of Lowriding. Putting some wack rappers all the way from the East Coast that dont give a crap about Lowriding is str8 disrespectful. Maybe Mack-10 dont got acting skills, but he Lowrides to this day! But i guess i shouldnt be trippin, the totally disorient everything that has to do with real hoods and their history with these rappers just to get paid. :angry: I Just want to know why everytime a movie is made now about the west coast the keep putting east coast fools in them... It aint commin out because it should'NT come out.

·
Paying Dues
4,193 Posts
Originally posted by REPENTANCE@Jan 15 2009, 08:14 PM~12718010
Crenshaw has been in the since the beginning history of Lowriding.  Putting some wack rappers all the way from the East Coast that dont give a crap about Lowriding is str8 disrespectful. Maybe Mack-10 dont got acting skills, but he Lowrides to this day!  But i guess i shouldnt be trippin, the totally disorient everything that has to do with real hoods and their history with these rappers just to get paid.  :angry:    I Just want to know why everytime a movie is made now about the west coast the keep putting east coast fools in them...  It aint commin out because it should'NT come out.
Man! You ain't never lied! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,814 Posts
Originally posted by REPENTANCE@Jan 15 2009, 10:14 PM~12718010
Crenshaw has been in the since the beginning history of Lowriding.  Putting some wack rappers all the way from the East Coast that dont give a crap about Lowriding is str8 disrespectful. Maybe Mack-10 dont got acting skills, but he Lowrides to this day!  But i guess i shouldnt be trippin, the totally disorient everything that has to do with real hoods and their history with these rappers just to get paid.  :angry:    I Just want to know why everytime a movie is made now about the west coast the keep putting east coast fools in them...  It aint commin out because it should'NT come out.
MAYBE THEY SHOULD PUT SOME REAL STREET ****** LIKE US IN THE MOVIE. ****** CAN ACT YA KNOW.. WE KNOW HOW TO LIE TO THE POLICE AND KEEP OUR BLACK ASS OUT OF JAIL SOMETIMES

·
Candies, flakes & pearls!
15,502 Posts
Originally posted by REPENTANCE@Jan 15 2009, 08:14 PM~12718010
It don't really matter who they have "star" in the movie, even though a "convincing" professional-actor would be better than just about any rapper OR Lowrider. Personally, I'd rather see a GOOD actor who has never seen a lowrider or been on Crenshaw get casted for the part. Robert DeNiro aint a bank robber or criminal but he sure was convincing in the movie Heat right? That's my point.

What really matters is the script and plot and who directs the movie.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
im just wondering if the movie is still happening.

yall out there in LA may know.

hear anything??????

·
Registered
267 Posts
Originally posted by Tyrone+Jan 14 2009, 05:56 PM~12704894-->
Thought Mack 10 was supposed to be in it?
[/b]
.....who knows, it has mack10 with a role in the movie, but not the lead, to me it seems they can't figure out who's in the movie and who's not.

<!--QuoteBegin-REPENTANCE
@Jan 15 2009, 09:14 PM~12718010
seriously.. what does 50 pecos know about lowriding? Other then seeing them in videos, and maybe being around one or two from Dre and The Game. Being mexican and from Colorado, I knew how important Crenshaw has been to lowriding since I got into things. In Fact, when I finally went to cali a few years ago I skipped going to Disney Land and I went to Crenshaw. I doubt this movie will be made, I thought it was getting released in early 08???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts