LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in HARBOR PARK over the weekend at one of the picnics and ran into this guy that said he was doin a movie about lowriders...So I checked his website http://patriotpictures.com/cb.htm Its starring Wilmer from the 70's and O'DOGG from MENACE 2 SOCIETY (LARENZ TATE) MACK 10 is on the list too.
JUST PUTTING INFORMATION OUT THERE.... WHAT DO U GUYS THINK??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,329 Posts
Originally posted by 360 LOW VIDEOS@Aug 10 2005, 01:01 PM~3580954
I was in HARBOR PARK over the weekend at one of the picnics and ran into this guy that said he was doin a movie about lowriders...So I checked his website http://patriotpictures.com/cb.htm  Its starring Wilmer from the 70's and O'DOGG from MENACE 2 SOCIETY (LARENZ TATE) MACK 10 is on the list too.
JUST PUTTING INFORMATION OUT THERE.... WHAT DO U GUYS THINK??
iT MIGHT HAVE POTENTIAL.
I just hope the story stays true to not only the Shaw,But life in South Central.
Hopefully it dosent become to hollywood.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,684 Posts
what a bunch of garbage.....yeah lets support another movie that uses lowriding as a backdrop to someone in trouble and looking at doing some time...and yeah crenshaw blvd sure is a wonderful reflection of everything we work hard for!
whatever....
:uh: :uh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
Originally posted by 73 Riviera@Aug 10 2005, 12:12 PM~3581029
what a bunch of garbage.....yeah lets support another movie that uses lowriding as a backdrop to someone in trouble and looking at doing some time...and yeah crenshaw blvd sure is a wonderful reflection of everything we work hard for!
whatever....
:uh:  :uh:


Damn thats a really good point!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
64,662 Posts
looks like they r using the 59 from superiors wich is the club of keebo who works for ice cube who also does movies and owns cubevision so it might be a good movie if they have the right people and keep it real. Maybe Iccube will like it and have a part in it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,501 Posts
Sounds cool as long as they stay true to the life style and culture. Not just from the perspective of our Soul Brother friends, but all who roll The Shaw. Please do not use the lowrider as a negitve like in movies ranging from The Jerk to Boyz In Tha Hood. Showcase the hard work it takes to build, finance and maintain a lowrider. Hops and house calls, parks and lakes. Hope it all goes well! :puffin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,329 Posts
Originally posted by 73 Riviera@Aug 10 2005, 01:12 PM~3581029
what a bunch of garbage.....yeah lets support another movie that uses lowriding as a backdrop to someone in trouble and looking at doing some time...and yeah crenshaw blvd sure is a wonderful reflection of everything we work hard for!
whatever....
:uh:  :uh:
Whos WE??
Speak for yourself homie.
for SOME people,shit like this is real.Like I said,as long as the story is real and not Hollywood(Like everyone that has a Lo-Lo in the movies rolls straped)I dont see it being a issue.
Its one thing to Visit L.A once in a while,its another to live there.Not everyone is a Hoodsta,but shit happens,weather you look for it or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,034 Posts
Truth . . .

Based on the story line . . .

The only good I see in this in Lorenz Tate!

Other then that . . .

I looks and sounds like garbage!

More Truth . . .

Real Deal Hood Niggaz need to be responsible
for something like this.

Meaning . . .

John Singleton & Tha Boyz N Tha Hood Cast . . .

And Thats Some Real Shit!

I'm Out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by 714_OG_RIDER@Aug 10 2005, 11:27 AM~3581126
hey no sample trailers??? see if he can post some up
They're suppose to start filming in October. So i guess it gives some of you guys time to go harass them while they're filming on the SHAW...LOLOL!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,329 Posts
Originally posted by lil shawn@Aug 10 2005, 01:55 PM~3581315
Truth . . .

Based on the story line . . .

The only good I see in this in Lorenz Tate!

Other then that . . .

I looks and sounds like garbage!

More Truth . . .

Real Deal Hood Niggaz need to be responsible
for something like this.

Meaning . . .

John Singleton & Tha Boyz N Tha Hood Cast . . .

And Thats Some Real Shit!

I'm Out!

I AGREE HOMIE,ESPECIALLY IF THEY GOING TO BE USING OUR CARS.
 

·
Paying Dues
Joined
·
4,193 Posts
I think Lorenze Tate will be good in the lead role. And Mack 10 will bring some street credibility to the film. I just think it's strange that his character's name is "Skeet". Given that the name of a well known rider on Crenshaw from Never Trust A Bitch Car Club. Well, we'll all just have to wait and see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
650 Posts
somebody please explain to me the complete real about lowriding. i bet i get about 500 diffrent explaniation cuz we all aint the same. my story aint yours and so forth. the only thing that the same is the LOVE.


nobody will wanna see a movie just about building a lo so of course you gonna see the gang, violence and prolly a love interest in the movie. its just the way it is. HELLO IT IS CALLED CRENSHAW and all of us out this way knows that the shaw aint no peace conference
 
1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Top