LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can draw in AutoCAD hyraulic or anything else for that matter, to your specs and to scale. All I need is measurements of your trunk area and ideas of how you want your set-up and I'll draw them in three views! A good way for those of you who want custom hydro set-ups and want to see how they would look to scale before you start wasting money and building something and then you dont like it! I also draw interiors, for those that have different ideas and want to see it before they committ to a upholstery shop and dont like the end result! I have a degree in mechanical and architectural design. Will try to post drawing soon.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Originally posted by emhomie13@Sep 24 2007, 04:19 PM~8860432
I USE AUTOCAD, IT IS THE MOST USED IN THE U.S.

I beg to differ....

If you're talking mechanical engineering, since 2001 the top 4 are UG, CATIA, PRO/E, SOLID WORKS...

5+ yrs in AutoCAD
8+ yrs experience in pro/e
1.5yrs in solid works..
plus a bit in catia, 3ds max, and m-desktop

·
Registered
640 Posts
I've heard a lot about how powerful CATIA is from mechanical friends.

At my work, we use MicroStation, MicroGDS, and AutoCAD, but for 3D we use InRoads and CAiCE.
But I'm on the civil side of the house...

·
Registered
565 Posts
Man I've had Solidworks 07' for about a year now just never had time to mess around with it long enough to figure it out..

Oh well I usually use MasterCam for my 3d since I am gonna be machining it anyway. ;)

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Sep 24 2007, 03:04 PM~8860655
I beg to differ....

If you're talking mechanical engineering, since 2001 the top 4 are UG, CATIA, PRO/E, SOLID WORKS... 

5+ yrs in AutoCAD
8+ yrs experience in pro/e
1.5yrs in solid works..
plus a bit in catia, 3ds max, and m-desktop

YOUR RIGHT WHEN IT COMES TO ACTUAL ENGINEERING! I ONLY USE AUTOCAD WHEN IT COMES TO SIMPLE DRAWING! I HAVE MECH. DESKTOP AND ARCH. DESKTOP THAT I USED FOR BIG PROJECTS. WE ARE ACTUALLY MOVING ON TO REVIT. I USE 3D-MAX WHEN MAKING PRESENTATIONS.

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
Originally posted by Six Trey@Sep 24 2007, 04:31 PM~8860851
Man I've had Solidworks 07' for about a year now just never had time to mess around with it long enough to figure it out..

Oh well I usually use MasterCam for my 3d since I am gonna be machining it anyway.  ;)
MasterCam is the shit :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Originally posted by emhomie13@Sep 24 2007, 12:45 PM~8859717
I can draw in AutoCAD hyraulic or anything else for that matter, to your specs and to scale.  All I need is measurements of your trunk area and ideas of how you want your set-up and I'll draw them in three views!  A good way for those of you who want custom hydro set-ups and want to see how they would look to scale before you start wasting money and building something and then you dont like it!  I also draw interiors, for those that have different ideas and want to see it before they committ to a upholstery shop and dont like the end result!  I have a degree in mechanical and architectural design.  Will try to post drawing soon.

maybe u can make a preview of my trunk ;) i pm you the next days when i have more ideas :cool:

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Sep 25 2007, 11:20 AM~8865814
jason, How's your 3d coming along??  You getting in lots of practice??  Any pics yet???  Have you modeled up a pecso yet???  :0  :0
SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWLY.

i NEED to sit down and concentrate more at it. i bought some books, but i just havent invested the time to REALLY get used to it yet. im thinking about taking some classes, not just on Solid Works, but CAD/CAM all together. i will get there though, i havent changed my focus on starting the business, i've just kinda spent more time at some other things lately, all related though.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Nice...

Once you understand how 3d modeling works its all the same... You can pick up any software and learn it in less then 3 months.. Basically they all work the same, its just figuring out how to do the things you want to do and learning all the short cuts and commands and where they are...

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Sep 25 2007, 11:42 AM~8865960
Nice...

Once you understand how 3d modeling works its all the same...  You can pick up any software and learn it in less then 3 months..  Basically they all work the same, its just figuring out how to do the things you want to do and learning all the short cuts and commands and where they are...
good.

when i was learning photoshop 4 years ago, i realized it was exactly like fireworks. same shortcut keys and everything. fireworks will make animations and photoshop dont, but other than that, its the same.

·
Registered
85 Posts
revit is badass i have 08 at home with autodesk 08 too ! just got a new job using revit and autodesk 08 so i am excited glad to see some other engineering brothas out there lowriding !

·
Registered
565 Posts
Originally posted by BlackMagicHydraulics@Sep 24 2007, 11:18 PM~8864616
MasterCam is the shit  :biggrin:

Hell yea it is

here are a couple pics of the emblems I made for my 63'

designed and modeled and machined using mastercam v9 :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts