LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night i was working on my S-10, and i got the idea to do a custom body drop. so i cut the chassis and the interior up a lil bit and it worked. i was wantin to know if any one has ever done it before. i will have pics lata.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
That's what they mean, when they say like " She was chopped and channeled ".... they mean to channel the body to where it sit's down over the frame lower. ...... or at least I think that's what it is

can't wait to see it ...... peace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
743 Posts
Originally posted by Soggydoggie@Sep 24 2003, 02:25 PM
That's what they mean, when they say like " She was chopped and channeled ".... they mean to channel the body to where it sit's down over the frame lower. ...... or at least I think that's what it is

can't wait to see it ...... peace
Yep channeled is the word!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,387 Posts
there was someone on here who bodydropped a bunch of those dubcity cars. i was gonna B/D my silverado but it looked like more work than it was worth so i just made it lay frame
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no its not that hard, all you have to do is modified the interior piece and modified the chassis. but now all i need is it C-Notched. :cool:



Last edited by LowJay6911 at Sep 24 2003, 04:51 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,880 Posts
Originally posted by LowJay6911@Sep 25 2003, 07:17 AM
last night i was working on my S-10, and i got the idea to do a custom body drop. so i cut the chassis and the interior up a lil bit and it worked. i was wantin to know if any one has ever done it before. i will have pics lata.
yer man i done that the other day , make new axles , got no back diff , so i can have the frame on the ground , cut the guards out to allow the wheels to go up into the engine bay ,ill post pics soon wheni get a camera
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
heres the pics. . .
were im pointing is were i cut it to drop the bed

front chassis view


bed side view

angle view

chassis view




Last edited by LowJay6911 at Sep 25 2003, 02:22 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts

thats the f150 i started on like 6 months ago lol i wasnt gonna show anyone while i worked on it, but i havent touched it in about 3 months now so why not... i was workin on front suspension and everything so i could keep engine and drive shaft and rear axle and all that crap... its body dropped of course and on 20" spins





Last edited by JmG at Sep 25 2003, 07:56 AM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
743 Posts
Originally posted by LowJay6911@Sep 24 2003, 04:50 PM
no its not that hard, all you have to do is modified the interior piece and modified the chassis. but now all i need is it C-Notched. :cool:
the term is sectioning- taking a slice out of the body or interior tub
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,443 Posts
Originally posted by LowJay6911@Sep 24 2003, 02:17 PM
last night i was working on my S-10, and i got the idea to do a custom body drop. so i cut the chassis and the interior up a lil bit and it worked. i was wantin to know if any one has ever done it before. i will have pics lata.
sup, yup I did a full body drop on my Silverado that not only lays frame, but it lays doors ;) ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,443 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Sep 24 2003, 03:24 PM
there was someone on here who bodydropped a bunch of those dubcity cars. i was gonna B/D my silverado but it looked like more work than it was worth so i just made it lay frame
haha I dont body drop Dub City cars homie :cool: , but I did buy 1 Dub City escalade....other then that, thats the only dub city car I have.....everything else I built including the silverado,and F-150,now ..my 64 ;)



Last edited by 4pump_caddy at Sep 25 2003, 04:19 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,905 Posts
ye on the truck i making rite, now, i made a lil monster notch in the frame, now it sits nice and low

i also made this notch type thing for the front so that if i want the front to sit high up i pull the axels down and it will sit in a lifted position, and ir i push the axels up towards the body, it will have the slammed look, ill post pix in the next couple of days, im still in the paint process



Last edited by b_boy02000 at Sep 25 2003, 05:21 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Yeah... All that shit's pretty cool, I guess about makin your frame hit the ground , but the guy ^ who was talkin about making his where it would drive if it were 1:1 ( the motor,tranny,all that) , now that's the deal !

Ok we were talking about channeling and sectioning, and all that, but what about where ya take some outta the nose, ...cut a section out, and make her slope down so nicely! :)...they probably got a name for it...I heard somebody say arching, maybe that's it , anybody know?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
ill have pics in a few days, of my silverado that rests on the doors, with the frame a quarter inch off the ground. 24 inch wires, full custom brass frame, 41 Willys 4 link rear, 350, custom floor pan, like i said pics in a few days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,880 Posts
Originally posted by 4pump_caddy@Sep 26 2003, 09:24 AM


heres a pic of my Silverado :0 :cool: :cool:

if anybody wants to be smart..and say its "DUBCITY"..I'll show you the pic of what it did look like before ;)
man how u do that crazy shit , im havin so much trouble on my silverado , got the shits with it and punched it to bits lol
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top