LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the oportunity to pick up a damn near brand new last year for excursions eddie bower excursion. Has 600 miles. Its a katrina flood vehicle. 50,000 suv 4x4

It had water just enough to get in the cosole drink holders. All leather interior.

It need seats cleaned b/c of mold. New carpet, computer and harness, the motor cleaned internally and a good body washing

Most stuff I can do or get cheap. Fix the whole thing for less than $1000

Problem is I can't get a title so I was thinking of a show vehicle only.

I want to shorten it like totally polished did that red one. Weld the front clip to make a tilt front.

Doors is the problem. Everyone wants lambo or suicide doors. I don't

Has anyone seen an excursion with either van style sliding doors or gulwings

Sorry its so long, but thanks

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
i knew it was just a matter of time before those flooded cars came out on the market,Get ready for a plague of rebuilt flood vehicles on the market :uh: I would rather have a totaled car then a flood car.Basically every electronic on the car is toast,complete new interior (man eating mold is not nice) if the engine sits to long it will lock up( few weeks and internals will rust together) Rust will start forming from the inside out (5 years and most cars will explode with rust).After its all done and over you just dumped serious cash into a flood car, it will never be the same and the value drops completely.Sorry for the long rant but i would pass on a flood car ;)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know who the guy is that owned the suv, he owns a insurance company and they wrote it off as a total loss since they insured it as a company vehicle although they used it for personal use. My friend towed it to his yard. They have a thing where you get 3 chances to claim the vehicle or you forfeit it. I can get the truck for $2000 since the owner signed a forfeiture of the vehicle.. For that price I can strip it and sell the non soaked parts for more.

As for the rest. The interior, since I was gonna shorten I was gonna lay my own new carpet. I work at a bodyshop for ford and its nothing to us to strip it bare metal and seal it up. I do all my own work or have friends that we trade work for to get something done. Only thing we send out to do is alignements b/c we got rid of our machine.

With the exception of purchasing rims and the stereo equip. I can build it fairly cheap

I personally do the following myself,

Car audio/video(my major area)
Paint/body
Rim/tire mount/balance
Stick and mig welding
Window tint (hate it)
All interior except seat covering
Fiberglassing (also hate)

My brother helps me with

Full driveline rebuilding/refreshing
Car computer and wiring
Basically anything mechanical.

Just wondering if anyone seen an excuse with sliding or gullwing doors

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
eh,do what you want but its more work then you think,remember you have to take apart the entire dash,redo the wiring,every electrical motor is toast too so dont be surprised to spend 10k plus just to get it decent

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My brother is a mechanic for a big company maintaining the fleet and his boss doesn't like the owners at all b/c of some personal reasons so we always buy ford parts on the company account and just write it off as we put it on another car.b the company doesn't know about this. They just make sure its ford parts bought and the use it as a tax write off.

This company has never had a bronco 2 or f150 or any mustangs or olds ltd's but we bought many parts for these vehicles and never paid for them.

That's why I'm saying I can build this fairly cheap.

All the body,paint,tint,audio,video everything will be done by me so there's no labor charges and stuff like a wireing harness, computer and any parts $1000 or less I can obtain.

We also get oil. Deisel. All fluids all kinds of stuff at the shop free, crimps, batteries, bat. Terminals all hoses, oil filters, detail supplies.

That's why it can get done fairly cheap

·
Registered
14,363 Posts
Originally posted by 74Olds98SLAB@Sep 23 2005, 07:01 PM~3874056
I have the oportunity to pick up a damn near brand new last year for excursions eddie bower excursion. Has 600 miles. Its a katrina flood vehicle. 50,000 suv 4x4

It had water just enough to get in the cosole drink holders. All leather interior.

It need seats cleaned b/c of mold. New carpet, computer and harness, the motor cleaned internally and a good body washing

Most stuff I can do or get cheap. Fix the whole thing for less than $1000

Problem is I can't get a title so I was thinking of a show vehicle only.

I want to shorten it like totally polished did that red one. Weld the front clip to make a tilt front.

Doors is the problem. Everyone wants lambo or suicide doors. I don't

Has anyone seen an excursion with either van style sliding doors or gulwings

Sorry its so long, but thanks
u got to own it first

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know. Th guy who owned it wrote it off as a total loss so he's gonna get a new truck. My friend who towed it to his yard has a affidavit saying he forfiet his truck. That gives my friend the right to sell or destroy the truck. When people don't pick up there vehicle or forfeit them he sells them pretty cheap to keep the yard clean. He has tons of flooded and non flooded cars. I can get the excuse just with no title. I don't know why I can't get the title, just can't. I have first dibs on the truck I just wanted to see some with custom doors beside suicide and lambo doors.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Originally posted by 74Olds98SLAB@Sep 25 2005, 07:46 AM~3880533
I know. Th guy who owned it wrote it off as a total loss so he's gonna get a new truck. My friend who towed it to his yard has a affidavit saying he forfiet his truck. That gives my friend the right to sell or destroy the truck. When people don't pick up there vehicle or forfeit them he sells them pretty cheap to keep the yard clean. He has tons of flooded and non flooded cars. I can get the excuse just with no title. I don't know why I can't get the title, just can't. I have first dibs on the truck I just wanted to see some with custom doors beside suicide and lambo doors.
Im glad they dont give titles,They shouldnt give titles for any flood car to save people from buying headaches

1 - 8 of 8 Posts