LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I could make a love seat out of some kind of foam. :uh: . If you know what type of foam, thanx in advance.

-twin

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any body know? and jus to clarify I mean for model cars. Kind of like the same material Jevries "Big 64". Does any body know what kind of foam to use and how.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by twin@Jul 23 2003, 12:37 PM
I was wondering if I could make a love seat out of some kind of foam. :uh: . If you know what type of foam, thanx in advance.

-twin
I guess if you can carve or sand something out of foam it would work. No clue on where to start though, it would have to be pretty high density stuff so it wouldn't fall apart. Other problem would be that foam might soak up any paint you put on it.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
The foam I used for the '64 interior comes in sheets and I bought it at my local hobbiestore....yes the same store where your mom buys her patchwork stuff......well my mom does.
It's used to cut out figures and stuff and is very light weight and works like a charm. It's stiff enough to keep it's shape. I glued it by using superglue or rubber glue....nice detail is that is comes in lot's of nice colors. ;)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everybody thanx for all of the input.

-twin

Last edited by twin at Jul 23 2003, 06:36 PM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts