LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am trying to figure out how I want to do my enclosure for my '85 Cutlass Supreme. I was wondering if any body already had one done and if you had any pics of it. Just need to get an Idea. Also, if you have you system in you're trunk and have switches that would help alot too. Just trying to get some ideas, Thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
i have the same problem with my 84. i see somone built out there back dash a inch and then did the seat and had the subs behind it, hop that helps

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never thought about that, it is a good Idea. Plus then I could mount the 6x9's back there with out a hastle. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
if you plan on having hydro's its best that you decide what it is you will be running and where you want it placed...the most logical choice would be a pair of 10s in a ported box mounted between the cylinders on the rear deck firing torwards the rear. I was able to wedge 3 sealed 12s in the back deck of a 78 Monte Carlo along with 2 pumps and 6 batteries.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking more along the lines of 3 12's. As far as he hydros I am thinking something simple. Likly 2 pumps, 6 batts, nothing really for show or anything, just something to play with. I still Want it to look clean though. Do you have any pics of you're trunk set up by chance??

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know for sure, But I think he ment the 2 10's would go between he cylinders. The three 12's would be on the rear deck just below the package tray. Cylinders behind the box.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by pimpin.B.F.E.@Aug 19 2005, 09:07 PM~3659696
i dont see how u can put 3 sealed 12. inbetween the cylenders, if u bust 3 wheel the cylenders will move side to side, right?
the box for the 3 12's was shaped like " T" and was built around the cylinders

. .
. .
. .
......... .........
. .

the subs were on the flat portion on the front

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Probley will do 2 12's. I just wanta make sure I got the gorrila knock in the trunk. You know, make it sound like there is a wild gorrila trying to get out the bitch.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Subs are probley gonna be jl w7's or Spl SPLW (www.splusa.net/splw.html). There not a known brand but I came across an amp of theres a few years ago in a shop (2002) and Haven't had a proplem with it running my RF HE2. So i figure i would see how there subs worked.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by TWisM85CUT@Aug 23 2005, 04:12 PM~3676857
Subs are probley gonna be jl w7's or Spl SPLW (www.splusa.net/splw.html). There not a known brand but I came across an amp of theres a few years ago in a shop (2002) and Haven't had a proplem with it running my RF HE2. So i figure i would see how there subs worked.
not a good reason to buy their subs...

every manufacturer have their strong hold on atleast one aspect of car audio, some have a strong hold on there amps, some have it on their coaxils, so on and so forth....

-qs

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know it isn't the best reason to get 'em, but I haven't heard of anyone haven them or anything, so I figured I would give 'em a try. :biggrin:

I know every company has there strong aspects and stuff, but you never know if something works till you try, you know what I mean?

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by Brahma Brian@Aug 24 2005, 07:53 PM~3685598
3 subs = gay
[no]

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by TWisM85CUT@Aug 22 2005, 11:09 PM~3673546
Probley will do 2 12's. I just wanta make sure I got the gorrila knock in the trunk. You know, make it sound like there is a wild gorrila trying to get out the bitch.
been listenin' to e-40 a bit much? lol

1 - 20 of 50 Posts