LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking again :uh: :cool:!

Has anyone thought of a way to cut off the air supply to an air spring once the desired pressure has been reached? So if you know that you need, for example, 110psi front and 80psi rear you can set a control to cut off when you reach your optimum driving height for each air spring.

This would prevent any over-inflations and save you from the embarrassing situation of driving off down the road looking like a monster truck. Under-inflations are okay because they look cool, especially when accompanied by sparks and grinding noises.

I just thought I'd ask, in case someone has thought of a design already.

:cool:

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Originally posted by M-827@Nov 8 2003, 07:25 PM
I've been thinking again :uh: :cool:!

Has anyone thought of a way to cut off the air supply to an air spring once the desired pressure has been reached? So if you know that you need, for example, 110psi front and 80psi rear you can set a control to cut off when you reach your optimum driving height for each air spring.

This would prevent any over-inflations and save you from the embarrassing situation of driving off down the road looking like a monster truck. Under-inflations are okay because they look cool, especially when accompanied by sparks and grinding noises.

I got a kill switch for my switches and compressor though.......... :0

Where in England are you located?My fiance is from England,she just moved over here 3 years ago.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
i have thought about it but i figure for me it isn't to hard to find my ride hight cuz i am use to it i have seen a few companies that make them kits for that they are in lowrider within the past 4 issues i beleive first few pages where they show like featured products in the begining

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by SIXONEFORLIFE+Nov 8 2003, 04:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SIXONEFORLIFE @ Nov 8 2003, 04:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--M-827@Nov 8 2003, 07:25 PM
I've been thinking again  :uh:  :cool:!

Has anyone thought of a way to cut off the air supply to an air spring once the desired pressure has been reached?  So if you know that you need, for example, 110psi front and 80psi rear you can set a control to cut off when you reach your optimum driving height for each air spring.

This would prevent any over-inflations and save you from the embarrassing situation of driving off down the road looking like a monster truck.  Under-inflations are okay because they look cool, especially when accompanied by sparks and grinding noises.

I got a kill switch for my switches and compressor though.......... :0

Where in England are you located?My fiance is from England,she just moved over here 3 years ago.[/b][/quote]
i got a keyed swith for my switches and my comp is already wired to only work when my ignition is on :thumbsup:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
you could wire a seperate drop switch for preset pressures...

use 2 pressure regulators, 1 for front and 1 for back, with solenoids and checks to keep to keep everything isolated from each other..

you'd raise up, hit your "ride height" switch, and it would drop to the preset pressures..

make sense or no?

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Nov 8 2003, 05:00 PM

use 2 pressure regulators, 1 for front and 1 for back, with solenoids and checks to keep to keep everything isolated from each other..

you'd raise up, hit your "ride height" switch, and it would drop to the preset pressures..

make sense or no?
2 x swtches and 2x valves or what sorry it might be me maby i'm a little fucked up put please explain

·
Registered
558 Posts
ride height is easy for me to get usually when i tap the two switches from rock bottom i hit them, i dunno why but it does, plus tweaking it with an 8 switch setup (individual corners) is a peice of cake

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52+Nov 8 2003, 07:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Nov 8 2003, 07:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--216RIDER@Nov 8 2003, 05:00 PM

make sense or no?
2 x swtches and 2x valves or what sorry it might be me maby i'm a little fucked up put please explain[/b][/quote]
maybe I'll draw it up tomorrow.. it's a super simple theory..

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your replies everyone :cheesy: !

SIXONEFORLIFE, I'm in the county of Dorset, about 150 miles south west of London ;) .

Joebomber52, I had thought of the isolator switch idea too! I intend to have a separate switch to isolate my main ride height switches once I have set the ride height - just in case they get knocked when I am on the move.

216RIDER, that sounds like a good idea. Maybe you could do one of your diagrams to accompany it :cheesy: . I can visualize the set-up except for the pressure regulators, because I don't know how they would be operated physically. Are they a mechanical device that you pre-set and they cut in and close off the circuit when the pressure drops to the set value?

1lorodeo, I was going to have a 10-switch box - until I saw that remote control device I've been going on about. I think I'll have the standard 4 switches with my gauges, then see how it goes :cool:. Maybe I'll find it not too difficult to set the ride height :cheesy: .

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Originally posted by M-827@Nov 9 2003, 12:30 AM

SIXONEFORLIFE, I'm in the county of Dorset, about 150 miles south west of London ;) .

Joebomber52, I had thought of the isolator switch idea too! I intend to have a separate switch to isolate my main ride height switches once I have set the ride height - just in case they get knocked when I am on the move.

216RIDER, that sounds like a good idea. Maybe you could do one of your diagrams to accompany it :cheesy: . I can visualize the set-up except for the pressure regulators, because I don't know how they would be operated physically. Are they a mechanical device that you pre-set and they cut in and close off the circuit when the pressure drops to the set value?

1lorodeo, I was going to have a 10-switch box - until I saw that remote control device I've been going on about. I think I'll have the standard 4 switches with my gauges, then see how it goes :cool:. Maybe I'll find it not too difficult to set the ride height :cheesy: .
Im gonna check you out when I come over to England sometime next year.My future Wifey family lives in Bristol. :0 ;)

See what those english riders are all about! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Originally posted by M-827@Nov 8 2003, 10:30 PM

where in dorset??
i,am in ferndown,dorset!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
damn, those kits cost almost as much as a basic set-up :0

fuck that noise..

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
ok, heres my idea..

would require 4 small check valves, 2 small solenoid valves, 2 bleed off style air pressure regulators, and a switch..

just tee off of the pressure lines somewhere.. say the gauges, or wherever, it can be the small gauge line..

install the regulators so that the outlet side is plubmed toward the valve..

raise the car up, then hit the switch, it will drop to the pressures that are preset by the regulators..

the whole idea seems useless though, to me anyway.. i just hit them till it "feels" right..

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Nov 9 2003, 01:55 PM
ok, heres my idea..

would require 4 small check valves, 2 small solenoid valves, 2 bleed off style air pressure regulators, and a switch..

just tee off of the pressure lines somewhere.. say the gauges, or wherever, it can be the small gauge line..

install the regulators so that the outlet side is plubmed toward the valve..

raise the car up, then hit the switch, it will drop to the pressures that are preset by the regulators..

the whole idea seems useless though, to me anyway.. i just hit them till it "feels" right..
would u quit helping people bags theyr cars

jesus man whats wrong with you :(

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SIXONEFORLIFE, I know Bristol quite well :cool: . It's about 65 miles north of me. Has your girlfriend got a Bristol accent? I love the Bristol accent :cheesy:!

jjj, I'm about 40 miles west of you, near Bridport :cool: . Do you go to the classic car meetings on Bournemouth promenade during the summer? We usually go there, but I only took my car to the last two meetings because I didn't have it before then :biggrin:! Went to the Can-Am club show this year, near Hurn Airport. Very good day out :cheesy:, and went to the Executioners Riot at the Ace Cafe, London last Wednesday. Took the Oldsmobile up there and spent £75 on fuel :0.

216RIDER, I like the look of that diagram :biggrin: . I might give it a try!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts