LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by monte carlo@Dec 19 2003, 09:52 AM
why do they have coils in the trunk, is it so it can lay? this is the second one I seen like this. whats the reason for that?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7&category=6405
Dam weird shit but prolly is for laying the car on frame in the rear like you said I got a cutlass and I wouldnt do it like that. :)

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
That car probably had a better juice system before

·
Registered
522 Posts
Originally posted by KTownSwangin@Dec 19 2003, 12:41 PM
Looks like he just cut out the floor below the rear deck and built a bridge for it.
thats what it looks like to me a bridge would be stronger

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by lowwagon67+Dec 19 2003, 03:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lowwagon67 @ Dec 19 2003, 03:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--KTownSwangin@Dec 19 2003, 12:41 PM
Looks like he just cut out the floor below the rear deck and built a bridge for it.
thats what it looks like to me a bridge would be stronger[/b][/quote]
huh????

ummm, that is a bridge...

a lot of dancers used to do that when they ran coil under... that's plenty strong, but it is kinda ghetto looking.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
THE BRIGE IS SO THAT YOU CAN GET A FULL STACK OF SPRING IN THE REAR OF THE CAR AND THE BRIGE IS ALOT STRONGER THAN THE OG TOWERS..SO WHEN YOU ARE HOPPING THE ASS END...IT WONT CAVE IN CAUSE THE BRIGE GOES ALL THE WAY ACROSS..

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I might have to fabricate me one of them, and then just cover it up with sheet metal..... :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
In case you didnt notice, they are running a coil UNDER in that car. Thats the reason for the bridge in the trunk. Could have saved the trunk by running a coil OVER with powerballs and still had the bridge under the trunk.......maybe the car was built before coil overs were popular :dunno:

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Thats what happens when a minitrucker juices a car.

For the record, a g-body can lay frame with coil under. without that goofy bridge.

Actually coil over and coil under usually use the same amount of spring. Actually in my experience with juicing cars, coil over allowed me to use more coil than coil over on a car that sat the same height. But its not much difference, not enough to worry about. :biggrin: :cool:

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Originally posted by Crazy Cutty+Dec 21 2003, 12:04 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crazy Cutty @ Dec 21 2003, 12:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--bigdanmcintosh@Dec 20 2003, 06:07 PM
that'll make bigdan not want hydraulics anymore. :( :(
that set-up is worse than ??????? (i wont mention any names :biggrin:)

:cool:[/b][/quote]
is that your setup crazy cutty?!?!?! :confused: :dunno:

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Originally posted by WICKEDSTYLES+Dec 20 2003, 08:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (WICKEDSTYLES @ Dec 20 2003, 08:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--bigdanmcintosh@Dec 20 2003, 08:07 PM
WERE'S THE PUKE SMILEY WHEN YOU NEED IT , HAHAHAHAHA
WONDER IF PORKEYS IN ROCKFORD DID THAT[/b][/quote]
here you go and if people can sell shit like that i need to just start building half assed shit cars and selling them on the internet

1 - 20 of 27 Posts