LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any tips on what too do when them fragile clips break on the back?,im tired of my bezel falling off everytime i hit the switch

·
Registered
312 Posts
Years ago when those cars were new I used to have replacement clips for them and maybe check with the dealer and see what they have. It seems to me the bezel around the clock also had the same clips and maybe at a salvage yard you pull some off of them.
If they broke off in the bezel I used to take side cutters to grab them and then twist and pull out the clip in one motion. They have little barbs in them that dig into the holes on the bezel.
If the dash hasn't been sprayed with any silicone products, use some rubbing alcahol and clean the backside of the dash where the bezel fits in and the backside of the bezel and then apply some silicone caulk and then put on the dash bezel and then tape it in place and let it dry a few hours and then take the tape off. If you ever have to take it off you can pry it away from the silicone caulk. Use just enough to hold it in place and not so much it oozes out and can be seen.
Jim

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jim ;) im gonna try prying the old out,they got these clips all over the place for were the clock goes, floor shifter bezel,all the vents and there really easy too break just from wear :( someone needs too sell better ones for restore,if i dont get this fixed maybe i can drive out and have you look at it i see your from st.louis im like 10 mins away,lol im j/k ill figure this out thanks for the help :biggrin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts