LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
sorry dude.... i havent gotta clue ..but ive seen a few on lil try a pm to someone with lincoln

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
HOW NEW?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts

THIS NEW 02' 03'
NO THIS IS NOT MY CAR AND NO I DID NOT LIFT IT.

I JUST USED THE PICTURE

Last edited by Unlimited Hustle at Dec 31 2003, 12:33 PM

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Look'n for a 98' TownCar soon... I think that car is so gangster... ;) Love them TCars... 14's and lifts and this car is ready to roll!!! :0

·
Registered
15,430 Posts
Originally posted by Unlimited Hustle@Dec 31 2003, 08:20 PM

THIS NEW 02' 03'
NO THIS IS NOT MY CAR AND NO I DID NOT LIFT IT.

I JUST USED THE PICTURE
I'M DOING A 98 AND YOU NEED NEW SPINDLES AND CALIPERS FOR THE FRONT,SO THAT 14'S WILL FIT.BUT YOU CAN USE ALL THE FRONT A-ARMS THAT COME ON THE CAR.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
you can keep the same spindles. you just need the rotor, caliper, and caliper bracket ;) back is the same as a normal car. juat make sure you reinforce the trailing arms

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by DroptLinkin@Jan 11 2004, 11:58 PM
you can keep the same spindles. you just need the rotor, caliper, and caliper bracket ;)  back is the same as a normal car. juat make sure you reinforce the trailing arms
No the back on these cars are not the same as any other car out there. The trailing arms are like a 4 link setup and they also havetwo cross bars to keep the rear end centered and all of the pieces are rather flimsy. And for the front you can't just change the rotors and calipers you have to change the upper arms (with modifications) the spindle, rotors and calipers.

Last edited by SouthCentralTrueBlue at Jan 12 2004, 07:33 AM

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Originally posted by SouthCentralTrueBlue+Jan 12 2004, 03:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SouthCentralTrueBlue @ Jan 12 2004, 03:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--DroptLinkin@Jan 11 2004, 11:58 PM
you can keep the same spindles. you just need the rotor, caliper, and caliper bracket ;)  back is the same as a normal car. juat make sure you reinforce the trailing arms
No the back on these cars are not the same as any other car out there. The trailing arms are like a 4 link setup and they also havetwo cross bars to keep the rear end centered and all of the pieces are rather flimsy. And for the front you can't just change the rotors and calipers you have to change the upper arms (with modifications) the spindle, rotors and calipers.[/b][/quote]
thats why i said u have to reinforce the trailing arms. there on the outside of the framerails and yes there very flimsy. as for the front i just did one not too long ago and all i changed was the rotor, caliper, and caliper bracket. and it works perfectly. still have the stock arms with no mods. the only way i can see someone changing the arms is if the changed the spindles. which isnt nessessary. but u do it the way i want to. i guess it would work both ways. just less work and money this way

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by DroptLinkin+Jan 12 2004, 11:59 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DroptLinkin @ Jan 12 2004, 11:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 12 2004, 03:31 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--DroptLinkin
@Jan 11 2004, 11:58 PM

No the back on these cars are not the same as any other car out there. The trailing arms are like a 4 link setup and they also havetwo cross bars to keep the rear end centered and all of the pieces are rather flimsy. And for the front you can't just change the rotors and calipers you have to change the upper arms (with modifications) the spindle, rotors and calipers.
thats why i said u have to reinforce the trailing arms. there on the outside of the framerails and yes there very flimsy. as for the front i just did one not too long ago and all i changed was the rotor, caliper, and caliper bracket. and it works perfectly. still have the stock arms with no mods. the only way i can see someone changing the arms is if the changed the spindles. which isnt nessessary. but u do it the way i want to. i guess it would work both ways. just less work and money this way[/b][/quote]
I don't know about only changing the rotors because when I did mine it had a sealed bearing system that had the studs in it. Anyways I didn't want to hop on the stock upper a-arms and ball joints so we changed it all out anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts