LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read through almost all the past post about cutting my front cylinder holes and didnt see anyone mention it. So Can I use cutting oil when cutting my front cylinder holes? Because I seem to be going through alot of hole saw bits. if not are there any special brand of hole saw that I conld use? Thanks guys. and if it helps its a 94 lincoln TC and I'm using Maco hole saws, yes that means I have to wait almost a week in between to get new ones off the truck that comes by work.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
you can use any thin grade oil (thinner the better), or even water ! it basically takes the heat away from the saw blade preventing it getting 'soft'. I usually use a healthy squirt of wd40 as its always close by.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The hole saws are free to replace(life time) but the truck only comes once a week. I've use my air drill for a while and then switched to a 1/2 heavy duty electric drill. I'll try the WD40 when I get my saws and let you guys know, thanks.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
get a hole saw from home depot (RIGID) they work great. make sure it says bi-metal. they will get the job done quick

·
Chewie
12,140 Posts
Originally posted by maniak2005@Oct 13 2007, 01:21 PM~8992823
get a hole saw from home depot (RIGID) they work great. make sure it says bi-metal. they will get the job done quick
You have a gay metal frame :uh: :uh: :uh: J/K made me laugh for some stupid reason :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
i used one from home depot,it was the "rigid" brand name it cut 6 holes in my frame/body with it and i can easily cut another car, probably 2 more........the key, is a gooooood high torque drill ,i didnt use any oil of any type but it is a good ideas as to preserve your tools

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
I'd say keep the drill at around 600-800 RPM, To fast and the hole saw won't last.

When the cutting area just starts to smoke add more oil.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I agree with using the Rigid hole saws cause thats what I use. Buy some cutting oil and you will notice a difference in cutting versus oil or wd 40 and so on. Make sure that you are cutting at a low speed and you should get a nice clean cut.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
buy a throw away drill (cheap) they wont last long if your cutn alot

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Originally posted by CapriceRoller@Oct 13 2007, 03:55 PM~8992996
You have a gay metal frame  :uh:  :uh:  :uh: J/K made me laugh for some stupid reason :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:
lol :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Originally posted by bigcadi@Oct 13 2007, 06:12 PM~8993699
buy a throw away drill (cheap) they wont last long if your cutn alot
I disagree. I have a Dewalt, Makita, and even an older Craftsman and that has been used on many cars and still going strong.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
water is much cleaner, and holes saws are a 'you get what you pay for" kind of thing. I always buy a bunch of cheap ones and borrow good ones from work when i got to cut frame holes or something.

L

·
0 Posts
OIL, WATER, OR COOLANT.....I HAVE SEEN A LOT OF BODY MEN USING COOLANT TO COOL DOWN OR KEEP COOL THERE DRILL BITS OR HOLE SAW

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
The big band/chop saw at my old job used some kinda water based lube. It had a nozzle that would constantly squirt as it was cutting. (wish I had got that saw B4 someone else did :banghead: ). Anyway ,I'm gonna try a squirt bottle with a lube/oil mixture of some kind. Seems affordable yet affective. Not that WD40 is expensive or anything. But its nice to just douse that shit and not think about wasting the whole can.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts