LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by havok@Jul 22 2003, 01:41 AM
Can I cut the spring on my fork to lower my bike?????
If you cut your spring, won't the little fork thing that its attached to (I think its the collar???) not fit anymore?

plus the link to springs

http://www.megalowrider.com/Item/F0055.htm

K. Diaz

Last edited by BigPoppa at Jul 22 2003, 10:54 AM

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
only if ur not gonna ride it... i put one on my old trike and it rode like shit...waaay too low to the ground & the pedals scraped..

unless ur getting the adjustable one id say dont but it..

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Taking the spring out or a down crown is to low for me to cruise I just want like 2 inches you have to be able to cut the spring you can on a car

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Originally posted by havok@Jul 23 2003, 07:58 PM
Taking the spring out or a down crown is to low for me to cruise I just want like 2 inches you have to be able to cut the spring you can on a car
I took the spring out and still could ride my bike. Anyway - to slightly lift the bike when you took out the spring, I used two of these rubber-things that go in front of the crown instead of a spring. Worked fine - not as low as without the spring and still some kind of suspension. You just have to use a shorter skrew.

Last edited by asco1 at Jul 23 2003, 09:14 PM

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yo it took the spring out and it the shit should i pound the i think its the collar up to mount a shorter screw

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What the fuck do you mean speak English, because i did'nt add an "s" on its, I am from America, IT'S called a typo.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts