LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to cut the doors open on my 87 GN/Regal Conversion, but i have NO CLUE how to do it, since i've never done it before. Whats the best way of going about it? :uh:

Also. trunk. how? confused.

Last edited by BennyFuckinBlanco at Oct 29 2003, 11:20 AM

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The absolute bet way to cut open doors or trunks is to use sewing thread to cut the plastic. The friction of the thread moving back and forth will slowly cut through the plastic. The thread will break, so when it does just get a new strand and continue cutting.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Originally posted by BennyFuckinBlanco@Oct 29 2003, 02:07 PM
i ran across a post a while back displaying how to do hinges. Anyone got that link? OR any good suggestions on how-tos?
buddy , go down the list ,, theres a thread with tons of links for what u need...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV@Oct 29 2003, 09:29 AM
The absolute bet way to cut open doors or trunks is to use sewing thread to cut the plastic. The friction of the thread moving back and forth will slowly cut through the plastic. The thread will break, so when it does just get a new strand and continue cutting.
that takes forever!!!!! I only use it on the corners I use the back of an exacto knife fot the straight parts.

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Originally posted by lukedogg+Oct 29 2003, 02:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lukedogg @ Oct 29 2003, 02:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--ScratchBuilderV@Oct 29 2003, 09:29 AM
that takes forever!!!!! I only use it on the corners I use the back of an exacto knife fot the straight parts.[/b][/quote]
thats a good way of fucking up a perfectly good body i scroe the door pattern then use the thread

·
Registered
88 Posts
what i wanna know is how do the people make the doors after that... i mean what do they use for the ends? anyone have any good pics of the doors?

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
i use a scribe to make the panel line deeper, then i use thread the rest of the way. comes out with hardly any gap and fits flush.

I find that if you start with the thread, it usually comes out crooked. Plus it takes awhile longer. If you deepen it, you will stay on course.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts