LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maaco won't tell me over the phone how much they will charge to get my 84 Cutlass sand and primed, even after I told them that there was no rust or dents. Anybody ever had this done? ballpark figure$$$? Thanx

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
yea my friend did the same thing..he wanted the 199 paint cuz he was sellin the car and he told them..all u have to do is mask the car off and spray it and they still wouldn't give him a price.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Honestly its not worth them doing the work. If there isn't any rust or anything that needs repaired then just go ahed and do it yourself. For the primer and reducer you will spend around $100-120. I think that they quoted one of my buddies for like $500 for the cheap paint and body work. His body was straight too. Just go ahead and do it yourself.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason I don't wanna do it myself is because I've never done it before and I don't wanna fawk it up. Plus I don't have a garage, and I don't wanna risk internal rust. Know what I mean??? I just want to primer it for the winter to protect it and paint it in the spring. Thanks

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
maaco is crap my bro got there most expensive paint job and the let the paint run and painted the top of the window, he has had the paintjob about two and a half years and the paint under the door handles is already comin off. and this is there most expensive paint jod they offered. dont get maaco you are better off with spray paint from walmart.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Originally posted by lukedogg@Sep 13 2003, 06:33 PM
maaco is crap my bro got there most expensive paint job and the let the paint run and painted the top of the window, he has had the paintjob about two and a half years and the paint under the door handles is already comin off. and this is there most expensive paint jod they offered. dont get maaco you are better off with spray paint from walmart.
If the body work was done right and prepped right then even there cheaper paint jobs are good. I know its not the best but, if the foundation of the paint job is good then more than likely the rest is too. I will tell you to tape all your windom and anything else that you don't want sprayed off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts