LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IN MY FRONT CYLINDER THE BOTTOM PART (DONT REALLY KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN IT ) THE SHIT YOU GOT TO TAKE OFF SO YOU CAN PULL THE INNER CYLINDE UOT THE CASE,DOSE THAT THING GOT TO BE TIGHT OR AS TIGHT AS WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH YOUR HAND BECASE I HAD TO TAKE IT APART BECASE I GOT SOME DIRT IN IT WHEN I DROPED IT( BEFOR INSTALLIN THEM)WHEN I PUT IT BACK TOGETHER I THIGHTED IT AS HARD AS ICAN WITH MY HANDS ......NOW I THINK THAT IT S LEAKING OIL AND IMGRTTING AIR IN MY LINES WHAT SOULD I DO?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
well then you are re-assembleing the cylinders you need to use either a pipe wrench and a vice or 2 pipe wrenches ( i use 2) , and yes it has to be tight or it will have the chance of breaking apart and the cylinder can blow right through your hood. I would take it back apart replace the seals clean it good and re-assemble and use the pipe wrenches to get it real tight

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by CAPRICE2LOW@Nov 12 2008, 08:16 AM~12133908
well then you are re-assembleing the cylinders you need to use either a pipe wrench and a vice or 2 pipe wrenches ( i use 2) , and yes it has to be tight or it will have the chance of breaking apart and the cylinder can blow right through your hood.  I would take it back apart replace the seals clean it good and re-assemble and use the pipe wrenches to get it real tight

Go to your local industry hydro shop they should have the seals for the cylinder and use a vise to hold the cylinder and use a pipe wrench to tighten the cap on the end. Or like dude said use 2 pipe wrenches if u don't car to scuff them. U can try to avoid it by using rags below the pipe wrenches. And like he said make sure they tight or u will leak and blow out the shaft or warp the cap that screws on

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
wanting to add that u need to lube the cylinder shaft on the head using some petrolium gel or another king of lube before u put the cylinder back into the casing otherwise it will be a bitch and /or you'll possiblly tear the new seals...I highly recommend you get poly pak seals and it wil be a good long time before you need to replace them again...I have a year and half on my back cylinders with the poly pak seals

·
Banned
6,036 Posts
I thought you where suppose to hand tighten the front and rear rings.. the one pipe turn, other wise you could warp them.. And ya mine been like that for 4 years. Polly on the rear are great.. front been 2 yrs.. ;)

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by candimann@Nov 12 2008, 08:45 PM~12139914
I thought you where suppose to hand tighten the front and rear rings.. the one pipe turn, other wise you could warp them.. And ya mine been like that for 4 years. Polly on the rear are great.. front been 2 yrs.. ;)
if the collar isn't tight you can send the casing and cyinder thru the hood...I've used some blue thread lock on them after puttin in my poly pak seals..you need to be carefull when using a vice..you don't want to tighten on the case so much that u warp the case..I prefer 2 pipe wrenches or I vice the collar and I spin the casing into it since the collar is thicker than the casing

·
Banned
6,036 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Nov 12 2008, 07:50 PM~12139988
if the collar isn't  tight you can send the casing and cyinder thru the hood...I've used some blue thread lock on them after puttin in my poly pak seals..you need to be carefull when using a vice..you don't want to tighten on the case so much that u warp the case..I prefer 2 pipe wrenches or I vice the collar and I spin the casing into it since the collar is thicker than the casing
My first set was CCE chrome.. Long story short I laid frame 75 miles home... :angry: The new set are BMH comp black. best ever.. :biggrin:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by candimann@Nov 12 2008, 08:54 PM~12140024
My first set was CCE chrome.. Long story short I laid frame 75 miles home... :angry:  The new set are BMH comp black. best ever.. :biggrin:
im on my 2nd set of front cylinders from showtime..1st set lasted a year and half until I bent one cuz of how my cylinder sat in the whole...my new set of cylinders have only oblonged at the bottom in the deep cup but still work.my rear are still my original 14's from showtime that I got in december 04

1 - 8 of 8 Posts