LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS+Dec 22 2003, 08:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS @ Dec 22 2003, 08:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 19 2003, 11:05 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--3wheelincivic
@Dec 18 2003, 06:27 PM
u said when i change o rings i might be damaging them. when i put the shaft back in i hit it in with a hammer because its hard to get it in with new o rings. what is the correct way

Well, yeah. Everytime you hit that shaft with the hammer the shaft is probably scratching the inside of the casing; and it could also be scoring your o-rings. They shouldn't be that hard to put it. Yes, it takes some force, but not beating 'em with a hammer.
Sounds like you're trying to put the shaft back in without dumping the system. You need to hold your dump down while putting the shaft in so that you can slide it in there easier and not be fighting a dump valve.

i take my cyls off the car when i change the o rings
OK, well you need to try 'pressing' the shaft back in the casing. (although it shouldn't be THAT hard.) Either way, beating it with a hammer is not a good idea.[/b][/quote]
THANX FOR THE HELP

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by 4pumpedCL@Dec 23 2003, 07:55 PM
I have a theory that dirty oil can damage your seals. Also, make sure you lube up the seals with oil when you slide the cylinder back together.
That's not a theory, that's fact. Of course dirt in the system can damage your seals... also you gears, check valves and dumps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The most common problem when it comes to oil rings is the fact the the cyclinders are rubbing up against something on the outside causing the inside wall of the cyclinder bow in. Check the inside of the cyclinder wall to see if it may be rubbing against the oil ring causing it to fail.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts