LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive spent probably 20 mins turning the damn cylinders thinking they will just turn out of the powerballs

cylinder will lift out a little bit then acts like its still screwed in,,,wtf?

the bolt inside the powerball that the cylinder spins onto is that welded in there or is there a nut on the bottom side?

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts
the power ball has a allen bolt that secures it to the cylinder.....if thats what your asking..

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
usually its just threaded in there. half the time it unthreads instead out of the powerball instead of the cylinder unthreading off the stud. ah the perks of hand tight suspension components

if you are not turning the cylinder shaft, then the casing is just spinning.

·
Registered
563 Posts
remove collar get a glove and some pliers hold cylinder and spin ball off..

·
"LESSON LEARNED"
6,320 Posts
just take off the collar and pull the whole assy out..lv the power ball on...once the collar is off the whole ball will pop out..this will save you alot of grief

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by DOUGHBOY1117@Feb 15 2010, 11:01 AM~16617856
just take off the collar and pull the whole assy out..lv the power ball on...once the collar is off the whole ball will pop out..this will save you alot of grief

man wish i woulda thought about that last night

5 mins the damn things are out

·
Registered
92 Posts
i'm still stuck on trying to get the collar off mine but its on there pretty tight. I think its a cce one. How much should i heat it up to try and get it off without wrecking anything?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Originally posted by Granttttt@Apr 12 2010, 03:47 PM~17170620
i'm still stuck on trying to get the collar off mine but its on there pretty tight. I think its a cce one. How much should i heat it up to try and get it off without wrecking anything?
check and see if the set screw is there or tightened..if not mild heat will work if they used loctite or something... :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts