LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHO OUT THERE HAS MESSED UP HOODS BY THE CYLINDERS RIPPING OFF THE THREADS AND PUTTING A PRETTY GOOD DENT ON THE HOODS, I NEED SOME THICK HEAVY DUTY CYLINDERS FOR A V-8 CAR THAT WILL HOLD UP. ALSO, WHY DOESNT A COMPANY OUT THERE INSTALL A SET SCREW ON THE CYLINDER CAP TO AVOID THE CAP COMING LOOSE, IM GOING TO HAVE TO PERFECT SOME OF THE PRODUCTS OUT THERE MYSELF.

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Been there... And ya. would make sense after all these years.. I have good luck with pro hopper so far. and we redid the front end to sit a little straighter.. ;)

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by fundimotorsports@Oct 1 2007, 06:22 PM~8910066
Been there... And ya. would make sense after all these years..  I have good luck with pro hopper so far. and we redid the front end to sit a little straighter.. ;)
what do you mean, for the front end to sit a little straighter?

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
we install a pipe thats just a slight bigger diameter of they cylinder so its a tite fit and we will it ontop of the frame where the cylinder comes up thru the tower and it will help keep the cylinder from busting thru cuz the collar would hit the pipe

·
Registered
563 Posts
Originally posted by 87cuttlashopper@Oct 1 2007, 06:05 PM~8909969
WHO OUT THERE HAS MESSED UP HOODS BY THE CYLINDERS RIPPING OFF THE THREADS AND PUTTING A PRETTY GOOD DENT ON THE HOODS, I NEED SOME THICK HEAVY DUTY CYLINDERS FOR A V-8 CAR THAT WILL HOLD UP. ALSO, WHY DOESNT A COMPANY OUT THERE INSTALL A SET SCREW ON THE CYLINDER CAP TO AVOID THE CAP COMING LOOSE, IM GOING TO HAVE TO PERFECT SOME OF THE PRODUCTS OUT THERE MYSELF.

i put mine in the vise and loctie the FIRST FIVE or six threads they get loose and work them selves down than they come off never seen one rip off when it tight all the way to the top... :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Oct 1 2007, 10:30 PM~8913275
we install a pipe thats just a slight bigger diameter of they cylinder so its a tite fit and we will it ontop of the frame where the cylinder comes up thru the tower and it will help keep the cylinder from busting thru cuz the collar would hit the pipe
yea but he's talking about the cylinder nut coming loose over time

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Oct 1 2007, 09:10 PM~8912086
what do you mean, for the front end to sit a little straighter?
Kind of like the pipe thing. But we used a reverse donut welded on the arm. yine use to break those nuts right off. (2 sets) no mater how many turn we cranked down on them. My angle was hitting just right to couse it to loosen and tear out the whole thread after a year or so...

before...

cut all that off and used the bottom with reverse cup upside down thru arm hole. need to take a pic. But this was last year. a month ago it bent further back.. So we did the donut thing.. :cool:

·
Registered
28,033 Posts
damn, i experienced this with the rear cylinders ina SUV, fkn mess!!!

only thing i can think is keep an eye on the threads down there n checkem every so offten as preventive maintenance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts