LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna be redoing the interior in my car pretty soon and want to know about everyones experiences with different materials.

its gonna be a daily driver so i need something durable, its not a show car and i dont plan on having to redo it every few years.

its a 75 caprice so im looking for a classic look, i was thinking all vinyl with inserts, but i havent found a nice material yet.

any suggestions?
suede or some sort of houndstooth fabric?
what holds up?

all opinions are appreciated

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Originally posted by LostInSanPedro@Jan 29 2010, 02:32 PM~16452022
im gonna be redoing the interior in my car pretty soon and want to know about everyones experiences with different materials.

its gonna be a daily driver so i need something durable, its not a show car and i dont plan on having to redo it every few years.

its a 75 caprice so im looking for a classic look, i was thinking all vinyl with inserts, but i havent found a nice material yet.

any suggestions?
suede or some sort of houndstooth fabric?
what holds up?

all opinions are appreciated
IF IT WOULD BE MY CAR. I WOULD WANT SOMETHING ORIGINAL WITH A LITTLE POP. BUT IT WOULD HAVE TO BE EASY TO CLEAN. I WOULD STICK WITH THE VIYNL AND MAYBE A LITTLE COLORED PIPING. IF YOU WANT TO ADD SOME SUEDE, DO A LITTLE SO YOU WONT HAVE TO BE CLEANING IT ALL THE TIME. :cool:

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by cl1965ss@Jan 29 2010, 04:12 PM~16452811
IF IT WOULD BE MY CAR. I WOULD WANT SOMETHING ORIGINAL WITH A LITTLE POP. BUT IT WOULD HAVE TO BE EASY TO CLEAN. I WOULD STICK WITH THE VIYNL AND MAYBE A LITTLE COLORED PIPING. IF YOU WANT TO ADD SOME SUEDE, DO A LITTLE  SO YOU WONT HAVE TO BE CLEANING IT ALL THE TIME. :cool:
LISTEN TO HOMIE ABOUT THIS, EXCEPT ON ONE THING, SUEDE ON A DAILY............. :nono:

·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by LostInSanPedro@Jan 30 2010, 03:03 PM~16462122
stock patterns or close to em, probably pleats or a 2 inch tuck and roll.
Original style vinyl.

·
The Canadian
7,793 Posts
Originally posted by LostInSanPedro@Jan 30 2010, 09:03 PM~16463645
hows tweed for dailies?

i was thinking vinyl with tweed inserts
vinyl will be the best, as it is the easiest to clean. not quite sure how tweed will hold up, any sort of fabric is very difficult to get stains out of :cool:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Originally posted by cl1965ss@Jan 29 2010, 04:12 PM~16452811
IF IT WOULD BE MY CAR. I WOULD WANT SOMETHING ORIGINAL WITH A LITTLE POP. BUT IT WOULD HAVE TO BE EASY TO CLEAN. I WOULD STICK WITH THE VIYNL AND MAYBE A LITTLE COLORED PIPING. IF YOU WANT TO ADD SOME SUEDE, DO A LITTLE  SO YOU WONT HAVE TO BE CLEANING IT ALL THE TIME. :cool:
:yes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts