LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering, how many of you guys drive theyr lowrider as a daily car?
how many miles a year? what conditions?
I've been driving my first car as a daily for about 2 and a half years now, it's a 1973 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance. did a lot of work on it and keep it tight by giving it good maintenance and a lot of love and care. i do about 20.000miles a year in all weather since i live in belgium. sun, rain, snow, mud, cold, warm, ... everything. this is my daily:

I am now building my first lowrider since the fleetwood has stock suspension and wheels. it's a 1980 coupe deville in realy good condition. I'm redoing the entire interior and giving it a good overhaul. basicaly making it even beter then when it came out of the factory. complete insulation and coating, in and out. i figure if i protect it against the elements and not abuse it when switchin', i can drive it as a daily, right? the frame is partialy wrapped (reinforced wheel arches), it's a 2 pump setup with 8" and 14" cilinders, 24Volts and a slip joke for the driveshaft. also has 4 accumulators for suspension when driving. it's a fresh cali car so no rust and hard as a mofo! i will be switching regularly but always on 24V so thats not really hard on the car.
her it is (still building offcourse...):

you can also check out my build-up topic (in dutch): my build-up topic

let me know what you think!

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
only 24 volts that things gotta move super slow but if it works for you then yeah it will last

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no need for that. it moves really smooth. it's on just 4 bats, 100 amps each but wired in parallel and both pumps connected to the same terminal. so i basically have one huge 24V, 200amps battery. it doesn't hop but it just stays on the ground. it feels like its leaving the ground but it just stays put so thats enough for me. don't want to break shit :)

·
Banned
6,036 Posts
Originally posted by allan73cadi@Jan 20 2010, 04:26 AM~16349313
no need for that. it moves really smooth. it's on just 4 bats, 100 amps each but wired in parallel and both pumps connected to the same terminal. so i basically have one huge 24V, 200amps battery. it doesn't hop but it just stays on the ground. it feels like its leaving the ground but it just stays put so thats enough for me. don't want to break shit :)
Lay and play. Sounds good. My old set up was 24 and was great. :cool:

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
watch out this was only 1 pump on 12 volts and look what happened

·
Registered
11,605 Posts
Originally posted by allbusiness@Jan 19 2010, 06:30 PM~16343777
Atleast 48volts dog common........ :biggrin:
my daily...on 48V :biggrin:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by azmobn06@Jan 20 2010, 11:12 AM~16351299
my daily...on 48V :biggrin:

nice ride man. how switch happy are you? and what type of miles do you do? hifhway? city? ...?

thanx for all the replys so far ;)

·
Registered
11,605 Posts
Originally posted by allan73cadi@Jan 20 2010, 02:42 PM~16353042
nice ride man. how switch happy are you? and what type of miles do you do? hifhway? city? ...?

thanx for all the replys so far ;)
lay and play set up. i honestly live less than 3 miles from work.
I drive in the summer.... when it's hotter than hell (AZ) and in the winter...when it's hotter than hell....cause AZ don't have winters :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 302 Posts